Kebonnix 12-egg Incubator Thread

So now I’ve done a few hatches in the Kebonnix! Lots of success, even did a staggered group and had to manually turn eggs that were not in lockdown. Everything went super smoothly!

Question for you all…has anyone done quail eggs? I have 22 eggs coming next week, and I’m hoping to fit 2 quail eggs per turner. I do have the NR360 but the Kebonnix takes up a little less space on my shelf. Thoughts?

Tip. Take a permanent black magic marker, and mark the flat side on the white toothed "wheel" that moves the yellow egg divider around the circle. Do the same thing on the flat side of the metal pin that turns it. Now much easier to put the two together without sipinning things back and forth, trying to get them to index properly.

Two, NEVER forget, when removing the yellow egg turning ring before starting lockdown to replace the white ring described above (poictured below) - or you risk your freshly hatched birds drowning in the center "pool".

61+CSw7pU1L._AC_UL116_SR116,116_.jpg

The white ring is your friend. Its also $10 to replace (Amazon) when that D-shaped hole becomes mostly round because something got caught and while the motor turned, the white ring did not.

Sincerely,
Experience.
Can you post the link to the replacement? I cannot find it on Amazon

So now I’ve done a few hatches in the Kebonnix! Lots of success, even did a staggered group and had to manually turn eggs that were not in lockdown. Everything went super smoothly!

Question for you all…has anyone done quail eggs? I have 22 eggs coming next week, and I’m hoping to fit 2 quail eggs per turner. I do have the NR360 but the Kebonnix takes up a little less space on my shelf. Thoughts?
So I know this thread is kinda old but Im actually doing a hatch with Coturnix quail eggs rn!
1000001612.jpg

I hope my hatch does good!!!

So I know this thread is kinda old but Im actually doing a hatch with Coturnix quail eggs rn!
View attachment 3712105
I hope my hatch does good!!!
I did a hatch of quail last year, started with just about 2 per space (20 eggs to start I believe…), and ended up with 17 quail in the Kebonnix!

One thing I saw afterwards online was that the person brought a box to put the kebonnix in once most had hatched, then opened the lid so all the quail hopped/rolled into the box, closed the unhatched eggs back up just in case they still were hatching, and then carried the whole box to the brooder. I should’ve done it that way, those baby quail are wiggly!

I did a hatch of quail last year, started with just about 2 per space (20 eggs to start I believe…), and ended up with 17 quail in the Kebonnix!
That's awesome! my other incubator would allow embryos to grow but they always died a day or two before hatching so hopefully i will get a much better hatch rate!
One thing I saw afterwards online was that the person brought a box to put the kebonnix in once most had hatched, then opened the lid so all the quail hopped/rolled into the box, closed the unhatched eggs back up just in case they still were hatching, and then carried the whole box to the brooder. I should’ve done it that way, those baby quail are wiggly!
i will be sure to do that! However I'm a bit worried about when i get ready to hatch some California valley quail eggs when my two pairs start laying. I've heard a lot about them getting splayed legs or crooked toes and I'm wondering how i might be able to avoid that in the Kebonnix's incubator? Maybe cutting a small rubber mat for extra grip?

That's awesome! my other incubator would allow embryos to grow but they always died a day or two before hatching so hopefully i will get a much better hatch rate!

i will be sure to do that! However I'm a bit worried about when i get ready to hatch some California valley quail eggs when my two pairs start laying. I've heard a lot about them getting splayed legs or crooked toes and I'm wondering how i might be able to avoid that in the Kebonnix's incubator? Maybe cutting a small rubber mat for extra grip?
I put a rubber drawer liner in the bottom of mine for each hatch. If you take the turner out, you can trace it to fit!

Back
Top Bottom