Keeping a secret in the bedroom..A clucky chicken!

yuckyuck.gif

Ok, so with keeping this secret in mind, im dying to tell her, except that im so scared about what she'll say/scream to me. Penny (still dont know whether shes a girl or boy) is getting bigger it seems by the day, and that also goes along with the louder chirps. Today i almost had heart failure when my mother came home early( so here i am racing around upstairs cleaning up and shutting the door) yet to hear my mom walking downstairs as well as this fuzzy loud mouth!!! She just wouldnt stop the chirping as i came downstairs and evenn though she is in the far room upstairs im starting to hear her/his chirps loud and clear. Im afraid ill only have maybe two more weeks of keeping this little(getting bigger!!) secret on my hands. Penny is just the cutest thing, she follows me like im her momma and it just warms my heart. Im trying to think of what to say to her.. Like the first sentence that comes out of my mouth cant be "i know youll be upset with me but..." or "I have to tell you something that i know you wont be happy with...." Because right there she'll be off the deep end. Lets just say my mother has quite of a short fuse
somad.gif
, so the slightest thing sets her off. I have an idea of letting her know that atleast the thing i was hiding from her was a pet,, rather than some kids who are hiding drugs, or who knows what else
love.gif
... ! I am taking great care of her so she cant pull that card on me and use it as an excuse. Spring Break is coming up, leaving me lots of time to spend with my little chickadee
ya.gif
, So hopefully i can also think of some other things to say.. ANY IDEAS?? ANYONE?? Ill keep everyone posted, Thanks guys!
D.gif

Heres what you should say

"Could I maybe get a chicken?"

and if she says yes

"Oh well good cause I have one already,kinda sorta..."

LOL

if she says no show her a pic of a silkie, she should fall in love then say quickly "Ya this is my chicken, ive had her for a little bit hiding her in my room" then run away LOL

I suppose you could take the coward's way out and write her a letter or email with a few pictures of people holding cute Silkie hens attached. Telling her in person may be more responsible, but if she reads it in a nice letter, that will spare you from the initial explosion of temper. I can guarantee that if she finds the chick before you tell her there will be screaming!

Try this opener on for size:

"Mom, I must have inherited your care taking instinct, because I just couldn't resist getting a little pet. I know I should have told you earlier, but I was scared that you would be mad at me."

By the way, when a mom raises her voice in anger, it is usually best just to admit you were wrong to diffuse the anger some. "I'm sorry, Mom, I should have told you. I can see why you are upset with me."

Make sure when you tell her, that the chick's enclosure is super clean and there is no smell in the room. Also, do your best to keep up on all your other responsibilities around the home and at school. Your mom probably has a short fuse partly because she is under a lot of pressure and has a lot of responsibilities including having a baby to take care of.

If my daughter surprised me with a pet chicken, I'd probably surprise her with a chicken dinner. Best to come out with it and soon. Moms are way smarter than you might give them credit for, and peeps are really loud. You might find out that she's been waiting to see when you would have this conversation.

Back
Top Bottom