Keet with enlarged head?

nothingbutbirds

Songster
7 Years
Aug 9, 2012
Pennsylvania
Two weeks ago my guinea eggs hatched and the first one out was a keet with a very swollen head. It sort of looks like a Silkie chick with such a head. It functions normally, but walks slower and almost acts like it's blind. Though, I am assuming it's not. It does react when other birds come near it, or things are moved. I'm curious, has anyone else had a keet born like this?

Do you have picture ? I wont know but would like to see it.. Your description did remind me of a human baby i knew that was born with water on the brain.

I have a few pictures, but I'm not sure if I can get them to upload without 4G. So, it may be a while before I can get them up.
Do you think it will live if indeed it does have water on it's brain? I would hate to see it go, it's the sweetest little keet.

wow ! aint that something.. Picture shows it fine. Is it soft to the touch. I am sorry to say and I hope someone comes along and tells you different because remember i have never seen it. It looks like a birth defect. maybe the brain is there without scull covering it. I think they are the sweetest when they are ill. Thats not a good sign.

Maybe move/start this thread to the emergency posts. It probably has pressure on the vision and cant see well. their ears make up for the sounds of things moving.

It was soft the first couple days, but it seems to be less so now. Unfortunately, it does seem they are sweetest when ill, which just makes it harder when they go.
I forgot about the emergency section, it couldn't hurt to move it there. Thanks for the replies. :)
I just hope the little guy lives alright.

Back
Top Bottom