Kentucky people

Hi everyone, I'm in Jtown. A hawk got one of my hens the other day and I only keep a flock of two.. is there anyone looking to sell one hen? Around a year old would be great, but older is okay too. Any breed is fine. Thank you!

Are you still looking to sell? I'm looking for one hen.

Hey. 😄
We are interested in the silkie frizzels!!! ... I'm near KY Lake close to Tennessee line. Please give me the details and I may come get the chickens this week. Where are yall?
Thanks!! Wendy J

So idk if I can post this, but I am looking to sell my silkies/ frizzles. 5 hens, 2 roosters, 9 chicks. I figured I'd put this in the Ky thread and see if anyone was interested.

nterested in the silkieFrizzels

So idk if I can post this, but I am looking to sell my silkies/ frizzles. 5 hens, 2 roosters, 9 chicks. I figured I'd put this in the Ky thread and see if anyone was interested.
Hi again. Tried to reply earlier. Not sure how that went lol but I gave u # to broken phone.... So plz msg me details about these ckn asap and I hope to get some of them if possible!
(((I'm on here looking for a few female ducks today really!! Kno any available??--- have been wanting silkies for years tho too)))
#270.752.3295 message me plz//
Husbands phone
Where R u located?
Thanks a bunch
Wendy

Hi again. Tried to reply earlier. Not sure how that went lol but I gave u # to broken phone.... So plz msg me details about these ckn asap and I hope to get some of them if possible!
(((I'm on here looking for a few female ducks today really!! Kno any available??--- have been wanting silkies for years tho too)))
#270.752.3295 message me plz//
Husbands phone
Where R u located?
Thanks a bunch
Wendy

I'm sorry. I haven't been on here in awhile. The silkies were sold awhile back. Sorry again.

Hi Wife and I are looking at moving into the Louisville area. I raise 25+ broilers for the family freezer a couple times a years. Looking over the applicable laws it seems like as long as I own more then .5 acres I can raise a rooster and as many broilers as I want. Seems wonderful …… but also to good to be true. I thought we'd have to move out to the rural again (not that I mind but wife seems to like people for some reason)
If this is true please advise.... if it isnt any oppinions on where around Louisville might be a good place that would allow a Rooster some layers and 25+- broilers a few times a year would be appreciated

Last edited:
Hi Wife and I are looking at moving into the Louisville area. I raise 25+ broilers for the family freezer a couple times a years. Looking over the applicable laws it seems like as long as I own more then .5 acres I can raise a rooster and as many broilers as I want. Seems wonderful …… but also to good to be true. I thought we'd have to move out to the rural again (not that I mind but wife seems to like people for some reason)
If this is true please advise.... if it isnt any oppinions on where around Louisville might be a good place that would allow a Rooster some layers and 25+- broilers a few times a year would be appreciated
I'm in Jeffersontown with hens, no issues, and I've heard a rooster in the cul-de-sac next to me. You'll probably be fine.

Have any of you Kentuckians ever heard of Olive Hill KY??? If so, please tell me about it.
Also countrygirl......could you tell me the best place on the eastern parts of Kentucky where the best place to find work.......and the best place to look for a farm style life for us and our chickens?
My husband and I are transplants from the Adirondack mountains in upstate NY. We live in Wallingford, close to Flemingsburg about an hour and half east of Lexington. Love it here. Had to order chicks from Mc Murray's because do not know a soul here and I could not find anyone selling birds. We are 40 min from Olive Hill!

We live in Wallingford not far from Morehead. Transplants from the Adirondack mountains in upstate New York. Starting over here in KY, and loving it. Whereabouts do you live? Had to start all over with new chicks here. Built the coop, have 20 chicks in it now. Will be getting rock crosses for meat in June. And goats next spring. Don't know a soul here!!!

Back
Top Bottom