Kentucky people

Yay! I finally found my KY Peeps. I am from Corbin, Ky, and will start my first-ever "flock' this spring/summer. I plan to start with five hens; who knows where that will lead. I teach tiny humans and love most aspects of my work, although I feel nap time should be mandatory from P-12; that's just the tired teacher in me talking. My perfect start would be two easter eggers and three Brahma hens, one of each color. I am slowly acquiring my brooder materials and planning the ventilation for my SIP shed. This will be my anniversary present from my husband, who is under the impression I am starting off with generic chickens, as he calls them. 🤣. Any suggestions are welcome. Once I get my "chicks" in a row, so to speak, we will begin the shed conversion and predator-proofing.

Oh good you found us. Yeah we can be very unique when it comes to weather.
Especially in March were we are like yay Spring and it says haha nope here's 15 inches of snow ❄️

Oh good you found us. Yeah we can be very unique when it comes to weather.
Especially in March were we are like yay Spring and it says haha nope here's 15 inches of snow ❄️
Exactly! We are currently sitting at a balmy 39 degrees on this fine Sunday morning, and by Thursday, we are supposed to be up to 76!

I'm so glad.
I have got to get the winter panels off my run! This rain has my roofed , guttered, drained and ditched run a mud pit from the water coming up from the ground.
Getting the panels off will allow more air flow to dry it out.

I'm so glad.
I have got to get the winter panels off my run! This rain has my roofed , guttered, drained and ditched run a mud pit from the water coming up from the ground.
Getting the panels off will allow more air flow to dry it out.
My best friend has some fencing and metal roofing she is giving me (Yay for family and free stuff), so I will be planning a trip north to get it sometime soon. We won't be starting on my coop till a little later in April to give me time to get my materials a bit at the time. I could get them in one whack, but I like the occasional Starbucks to keep me awake toward the end of the work day, lol. Teaching tiny humans can be tiring. 🤣

Back
Top Bottom