Kentucky people

Quote:
I have just what you need! I have a 8-10 week old african (can't remember for sure how old). I'm almost positive it is a male. Just to be sure, we are talking about a goose?
lol.png

Nice! yes a goose silly shelly!

Quote:
I have just what you need! I have a 8-10 week old african (can't remember for sure how old). I'm almost positive it is a male. Just to be sure, we are talking about a goose?
lol.png

LOL glad you clarified that... My first thought was African Grey(parrot) LOL!!!

Quote:

LOL glad you clarified that... My first thought was African Grey(parrot) LOL!!!

That's what I was thinking, though I was pretty sure she meant a goose. It would be a little odd to offer a goose if in fact she was ISO a parrot
lau.gif

Well, While I was away, Cortni accidentally didn't shut the door really well going into the garage so Maggie(dog) pushed it opened and daughter found her and the cat in the garage and no sign of the 3 Lavender Cochin bantam chicks we had held for Shelley. Sorry Shelley... I went out there every little bit til I went to bed and tried to listen for them and nothing. I am assuming at this time that Maggie made a nugget snack for herself and ate them whole cause there are no feathers, fluff, blood, or any signs that they were atacked other than the food and water dumped in the bin. RIP little chickies.
sad.png

Hello Kentuckians, I'm in Oregon but I'm building a coop for my husbands bantam Kentucky Specks and I need ideas on decorating it. The last coop I built was for his buckeyes so that got an Ohio state theme, but he refuses to let me paint the Specks coop in Kentucky University colors. Maybe because it's bigger than his Buckeye coop.
wink.png

Any ideas on Kentucky decorations? Your state flag isn't that interesting or I'd use it.

Anyone have an old Kentucky license plate or two they could send me? I'd pay the shipping?

Here's the buckeye coop.

11550_barn2.jpg

And the Speck coop about 1/2 done

11550_coop_4_denis_and_ducks.jpg

They'll be next to each other share a line of fence to separate their runs.

My first group of broody hens hatched out two chicks and then one got stepped on and killed the other one dissappeared. I guess they fought over them. They all got off the nests after that so I removed all the eggs and put in fresh bedding. I will isolate the next ones if any hatch from the current two broody hens now setting on a new nest. (These are my mixed breds. )

I've been thinking that I need to reduce my flock. I'm thinking about selling off my Dark Cornish flock. I have one roo and eight hens all hatched around 26 March 2009. They are from Sand Hill Preservation and are isolated from the rest of my flock. They have long legs (not a good characteristic), are a bit small, and are flighty (a normal characteristic for the bred). I am getting about 4 or 5 eggs a day in the nests and the lower ranking hens are laying where I have to crawl back to get them so I don't always. (just throw them away when I get to them.) The roo likes to crow early in the morning. Just a bit too early and too much. It's starting to get to me.

I may take them to Paris next weekend. I'm a bit torn about this but know it is something I need to do. I'm moving/moved and not all there yet. Not much else is happening around here.

Quote:
IF you don't take them to Paris, you can always bring them up to Sadieville on the 17th. We are organizing the monthly swap for that day. Several BYCers there too!

Quote:
LOL!! I like the racing chicken!

Here are some KY ideas:
Keeneland......
21675_090403keeneland015.jpg

21675_keenelandrace.jpg

Churchill Downs.....
21675_chruchill.jpg

UK
21675_lexinton.jpg

YOu could do it up in Calumet Farm Colors...
21675_lexingtonky.jpg

There are tons of horse farms but there is also tobacco, bourbon and a great history you could tap into for ideas. Henry Clay, Daniel Boone, Ft Harrod, Shakertown, Mary Todd Lincoln, John Hunt Morgan and others.

I think it should be wildcat blue, but those buckeyes are so whiny! LOL!

Back
Top Bottom