Kentucky people

"I think it should be wildcat blue, but those buckeyes are so whiny! LOL!"

True, true, I've been teasing him about how whiny his buckeyes are in the evening. They know how to go into their nice warm coop themselves but they spend at least a 1/2 hour whining for us to come put them away before they give up and walk up the ramp themselves.

Not sure how I'd use Bourbon as a theme for a coop unless it was for meat birds. Bourbon chicken is very. very tasty.

Quote:
Jim Beam makes a BBQ sauce....no wait, that's whiskey, right? LOL! I don't drink. Good thing since I'm not keeping them straight sober!!

I have several well started cochin bantam chicks from early spring hatches that I need to part with. These are excellent birds as far as type goes. They are from a blue columbian project I am working on. Several of the chicks turned out Birchen, Some are black, and others are a columbian marked but just don't make the cut as far a color markings go. They will make great breeders for the blue color, black color and colmbian if crossed back to other columbians. I have to cull at this time order to afford the food bill. I am asking $7 each for these guys. They are starting to show sex traits at this time. There are some younger chicks a couple of weeks old from this line I am asking $4 for.

I have a rare group of Frizzled buff cochin bantams. 5 frizzled, one smooth for sale. I think there is one roo and 4 girls at this time. I would like to have 50 for the group. I have never seen buff frizzles but have decided to concentrate my efforts on a different color and these are on the market. The type is not that great and I would grade them as Hatchery quality but it is a good start with the frizzled gene. Good quality smooth feathered birds would greatly improve this line!

I have two young pairs of Mille Fluer Cochins as well. These are the only birds I am selling this season from this project. They are very typey and colored very well. These are a new color and very hard to find good ones. I have too many to keep them all. Spring hatches were too successful! I am asking $50 per pair.... you pick the pair.

email me if [email protected]
You can see some of the Milles at my old web site... http://home.rr.com/dday911
most
of the birds on this site have been sold and replaced with nicer typed birds. I need to update the page badly!
We finally got settled into the new house and I need to consolidate some pens for this fall! I am located in north Richmond about 5 minutes from the Clays Ferry Bridge on I-75.

I have about 8 German Owl pigeons I need to find home for as well. They are $7 too. Not sure on the sexes. I will take $45 for all these if you take them all.

Last edited:
Quote:
You should be teasing him about Buckeyes being worthless nuts!!! haha! You cant eat em' animals cant eat em' What are they good for
wink.png

Oh by the way the "worthless nuts" can be taken two different ways(the people and the actual Buckeye nut)
wink.png
Oh man maybe I shouldnt say that Im to close to the border haha! Oh well Im sure they say things about us like that!

Last edited:
smile.png

Good Rainey Friday Morning All you Ky. Chicken Folks!,

I hope to come up to the Sadieville swap and meet you guys! My daughter has a softball tournament in Versailles that week-end, and if my husband doesn't have to work he can take her and we will meet them after the swap! I should find out next week!

So if I do get to come I have some lovely birds to bring!!

~~~~Silkies~~~ Lovely feather feet and top knots! Beautiful show quality birds in several colors!
Splash, Black, Partridge, and Silver!!

***Seramas***all colors and ages!! I'm reducing my flocks and need to place some birds!!
I have Seramas all colors and sizes and ages.
I will be selling trios of breeders that are 'proven breeders'
Most sizes I have are 'A' and 'B' class
I do have one proven rooster who is a 'C' class but I'm not sure if I will be letting him go
He is throwing some nice babies and is the most beautiful red and green I've ever seen!

Guineas!!! Rare Colors!!!
I have guinea keets in some different colors.
I have Royal Purple
I have beautiful light buff
I have Lavender
I have Browns from Gilberts Guinea Farm
I also have Lavender X Brown crosses that are very pretty!

All my birds are very spoiled!! I have 4 little girls who delight in playing with chickens!
I hope to see you all in Sadieville!!
Have a great day!!
Kim in Georgetown

I plan to bring a few young birds out next Saturday. I posted pics of what I will have on the Chickenstocks, Shows, Meet-Ups page. I'd post the link but I'm too tired this evening to figure out how to do it.

Here are my new goslings. White chinese, the grey could be brown chinese, embden, crosses of the two and he might of had a toulouse in there. Any guesses on the grey ones?

IMG_3291.jpg

IMG_3289.jpg

IMG_3297.jpg

Quote:
Probably toulouse. If they were brown chinese their bills would be black. But they could be mixed (chinese-embden) cause they do kinda look like they have 'knobby' kind of bills.

Back
Top Bottom