Kentucky people

Buy/Sell/Swap this Saturday, the 23rd at TSC in Owensboro (behind Moonlite BBQ).

9am - Noon. Lots to see!!

I'm bringing 7 week old Buff Brahmas (the last I'll ever have), Australorps, and Brahmalorps. Home hatched & brooded, flock raised by gentle hens and the best flockmaster I've ever had the pleasure of owning. Strong foragers, great instincts.

Also will have 3 to 4 week old Australorps and Brahmalorps. Home hatched & still being brooded indoors, but have been off the heat lamp for a week.

Buy/Sell/Swap this Saturday, the 23rd at TSC in Owensboro (behind Moonlite BBQ).

9am - Noon. Lots to see!!

I'm bringing 7 week old Buff Brahmas (the last I'll ever have), Australorps, and Brahmalorps. Home hatched & brooded, flock raised by gentle hens and the best flockmaster I've ever had the pleasure of owning. Strong foragers, great instincts.

Also will have 3 to 4 week old Australorps and Brahmalorps. Home hatched & still being brooded indoors, but have been off the heat lamp for a week.

Not a fan of the buffs?

I looove the buffs...I just had to cull my buff rooster due to aggression toward humans and hens alike. He was the secondary, my australorp cock is the primary.

So after this swap, the only chicks I'll have available are pure australorp and australorp over buff brahma.

I hear there will be a swap on Sat in Lexington, Southland Dr. near Oleika Temple. I was considering going. Would anyone be interested in a brown red cubalaya cockerel? He is a good fellow, is still getting along with the older cocks and is sensible around people and birds. He is growing the rosary-type multiple spurs.

His half brother Froggy is very sweet. He is half cuba, half Jap game. Color is black/red, single spurred

Last edited:
I looove the buffs...I just had to cull my buff rooster due to aggression toward humans and hens alike. He was the secondary, my australorp cock is the primary.

So after this swap, the only chicks I'll have available are pure australorp and australorp over buff brahma.

Please posts pics of your Austra-brahmas as they grow...curious as to how they turn out, maturity rate, egg production and eventual size. We have pullets of both breeds (plus one dark brahma, she's a cutie!)

Unfortunately, I don't plan on having them long enough to see full grow out. Our farm is up for sale, and I sell off the chicks when I can since I never know when the 30 day close time frame will come about.

But I can share some pics I have so far :)

Australorp cock:

Buff Brahma hen with chicks - notice their fuzzy shanks, just took this pic an hour ago.

8 week old Brahmas and Brahmalorps.

So far they seem on par with the pure Brahmas as far as growth rate, size, and temperament. The same aged Australorps are smaller and more timid/flighty.

Hi all - I have some Magpie ducklings coming to my house this week. Have 10 to be shipped - but I don't need 10. So was hoping someone here would want some. I plan on keeping 6ish.

I live in Cincinnati - local pick up only. I'm getting them for $8.00/each so I would like to sell for $5.00 each. (Please help me re-coop some cost so hubby doesn't kill me)
wink.png

Not hatchery stock - from Racing for Home Farm in New Jersey.

I also have some magpie eggs in the incubator from Chickchanery farm due to hatch in June.

Shoot me a PM if interested.

Back
Top Bottom