Kentucky people

Hi. I'm in Lexington and we are new to raising chickens. My daughter was given 2 chickens that her school hatched. We are learning all we can about raising chickens because she wants them to be pets.
welcome-byc.gif
and welcome to the KY thread!
frow.gif
You've certainly come to the right place to learn.
thumbsup.gif

My closest town is Owensboro, but I am in Hancock Cty. I have 14 Welsummers, just put 5 more eggs in the bator, because I need another male r 2. I picked up some Svant Hona eggs from KYTinpusher yesterday. I have a couple of sweet old black sexlinks and a Serama Roo. Having a new coop 8 X 16 built as soon as greenhouse is finished. Can hardly wait for more room.

Last edited:
Looking for wyandoatte chicks around 5 weeks for sale near Louisville or mt. Washington. Might be interested in a couple silkies for my daughter as well.

Hi all! I am new here from Dry Ridge, Ky in Grant county! We are getting ready to start building our coop for our chicks that are coming in June!! Could use help if anyone knows what the laws and regulations are in my area?!? THANKS

Hi all! I am new here from Dry Ridge, Ky in Grant county! We are getting ready to start building our coop for our chicks that are coming in June!! Could use help if anyone knows what the laws and regulations are in my area?!? THANKS

Welcome, I am in Hancock county, regulations vary if you are in a city or county. Go to your county extension and they should be able to answer all your questions.

Back
Top Bottom