Kill a racoon? go to jail

Just another example of a law created by those who don't have to live with their effects.

How specifically? It is one of the quicker forms of death there is. Relocation is generally a death sentence as the raccoon is located to other's territory. You are just making it someone else's problem.
I personally would’ve had someone in my family shoot it. It’s quick and over without suffering and struggling. Drowning is inhumane in my opinion.

I personally would’ve had someone in my family shoot it. It’s quick and over without suffering and struggling. Drowning is inhumane in my opinion.

I'd personally prefer to shoot it, but there are plenty of locations (like mine) where that is illegal. Why is drowning more inhumane than shooting? People who have nearly drowned have stated in this thread that is it an awful experience. I believe them. Anyone want to claim that being shot is fun? It is rarely an instant death, but can be quick. Of the two, only shooting can leave an animal suffering if not done properly.

I'd personally prefer to shoot it, but there are plenty of locations (like mine) where that is illegal. Why is drowning more inhumane than shooting? People who have nearly drowned have stated in this thread that is it an awful experience. I believe them. Anyone want to claim that being shot is fun? It is rarely an instant death, but can be quick. Of the two, only shooting can leave an animal suffering if not done properly.
I suppose it depends on a lot of factors. Either way, killing is not a favorite option. I would just personally never be able to watch a animal slowly die in such a manner.

After reading the article... Yes its was illegal.
As I understand the law, after reading "Florida firearms, lawful use and ownership" that was written by a gun lawyer. (Im not a lawyer, but ive read this book a few times to verify that im legal in EVERY WAY as I carry concealed at times.)

If he had shot the coon as it was attacking chickens then it would have been legal.
But when he drowned it after the fact, then his property was not in immediate danger.
He killed it out of revenge. FYI: I would have done the same, im not condemning.

My silencer cost me 600 bucks on silencer shop.com.
My .22 pistol that is silencer ready was 400 bucks.
I didn't buy it for this, BUT. For 1k, you can handle situations like this quietly.
Unlike large caliber pistols, a .22 can be so quiet that you can hear the action cycle.
1 thousand bucks, and you will never turn a eye. FOREVER. Seems like a investment to me if you have coon problems, and a nosy neighbor.

Back
Top Bottom