Knoble Chickens Builds a Coop

I love your coop! I am eagerly following along, waiting patiently for each new update!

I like the red, it's a bit bright, but it really pops!

Thanks everyone for following me in my adventure, and the very nice compliments!

I had a good day, started earlier than normal and got a good bit done. Finally a nice sunny day to work in! Almost ready to move chickens into the coop! Started my day recovering from my little engineering snafu with the coop clean out doors. Cut some new T1-11 pieces and painted them. Set them out in the sun to dry. Cut the last of the pre-painted panels. Put some 2x2 frames together after cutting them to length for the coop doors, and screwed the door panels onto them The sun dried the paint on the T1-11 in record time and I was able to start assembling the last coop wall. Once I had some 2x2's installed around the opening for the clean out doors, I set up some 1x4 cedar trim in painted them white. As that dried I took a break, I had a sammie that the GF brought out to me., bless her heart! I hung the doors on the inside of the run and the storage access doors on the side, installing barrel catches inside one of the coop doors. Once again the sun did its thing and dried paint smoking fast. (OK, not that fast, but helluva better than a couple weeks ago) Started measuring and cutting out the trim on the doors, installing the pieces as I went. Installed the barrel latches on all the doors. Cut and installed hardware cloth over the two ventilation openings and installed trim over that. By this time the sun was on its way down, my legs and feet felt like jelly, and I was pretty well stove in and ready for some dinner.

All that is is left to get the coop ready for cacklers is to make and install the pop door and the roosts inside. after that it is finishing the run with hardware cloth and the door to the run. I have a pretty cool idea for a custom door, I hope I can pull it off.

Graphic evidence follows!

2x2's cut out for frames on the coop doors

T1-11 panels sitting in the sun

T1-11 panels installed inside run, doors sitting on a sheet of plywood.

Another shot of the doors before installing

My new helper Zorra. We are looking after her for my sis for a little while.

Sun soaked photo of the doors installed

Trim installed on coop doors inside run.

Piece of plywood covering egg boxes

Trim installed on storage doors

The door hinges can I see a shot of the door at it full open ? And of the hinge placement?

Thanks
Scott
Sorry it took so long, work gets in the way now.......

Hinge is screwed directly to the T1-11, with the trim installed over the hinge. The hinge pin is about 5/8" from edge of T1-11 so there is trim covering the cut edge.

Back
Top Bottom