Kraienkoeppe Thread!

They're really not as big as they look sometimes in photos. In the Netherlands the biggest weight they are supposed to be for cocks is 6.6lbs.  That's no different than many of the American game we had; we had quite a few hatch greys, McRae X Rubles, etc. Which all came around 6lbs, one came 6lbs 4oz I believe. One of our Wingate brown reds I think came out at 6lbs 14oz, or maybe he was 7lb (Very large either way for American game.) All of those birds can fly excellently, some people have spoken about American games flying for hundreds of feet. I've never tested the Kraienköppe to see how far exactly they can fly, but they can fly up into a 15-20 tree like it's nothing and when spooked will sometimes fly across the yard.

Sumatra, which makes up a part of the Kraienköppe and some American game strains were rumored to fly for miles and they are about the same size as well. 

Man I sure would love to see that so bad
1f629.png
1f629.png
. Someone needs to record their birds flying LOL.

My krainkoeppes are incredible flyers. They can be stood stationary at my feet and fly up vertically about 9 feet to land neatly on a tree branch above my head. I agree that they are very intelligent also. They seem to love fruit and sweet things a lot more than my other breeds. They were very flighty and anxious to begin with I have 1 cockeral and 5 pullets. Now at about 6 months old all but one of them are reasonably tame. Will let me catch them and don't freak out if I come into their run. They will also eat from my hand. The cocks in particular is very docile and has never been dominant with me. I have one pullet though who I can't get anywhere near she is so feral.

I will try and record them tomorrow when I let them out they all fly over the hedge and the length of my garden which is about 150m

My little ones, I think they're about three weeks old now without checking, cam fly up onto the window sill in the brooder and they'll sit there and look out. I am in love with these smart little chicks.

What do you guys think of my cockeral? A kind critique please! Need to decide the direction to go in for my next generation!

Back
Top Bottom