Lack of respect in young people today

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love having big guard dogs that do their jobs. I have a 135lb Great Dane who's a scaredy cat but looks intimidating and a 90lb Lab/Dane mix who's great with kids, kittens, puppies, and friends but has the good judgment to know who he wants to keep off his property and the mouth to back it up. When he flies across the yard ready to eat someone alive with the Dane behind him woofing from 20 feet back, people we wouldn't want around tend to move on their way pretty quickly. This came in very handy when we lived in a residential area and had neighbors who were drug dealers and prostitutes. All the kids in the neighborhood and their nice parents would come over and play with our dogs all day long, but if one of the strung out people wandered over from the flop house, the dogs instantly turned into snarling beasts and the jerks would very quickly get off my lawn.

Fortunately neighborhood watch got rid of the bad folks and we've since moved from that area. I hear that the street has gone downhill again since we moved. I don't ever want to live without large dogs to keep me company and guard my house. Thanks to them, I'm comfortable being home alone and don't have to worry too much about locking my doors.

I can relate with the dogs Boyd... tho I do have ONE that I would be hard pressed to say wouldn't bite, and I LIKE him that way!

My weapon of choice when something is going on is my guide rifle... .444 Hubby uses a .44 pistol.

I am lucky to have two great dogs that are inside/outside and are on an invisible fence - but one isn't phased by the fence if i'm not around so when they're out and I'm not home she is tied - but if I am home they can go on 3 sides of my house and my other dog a 60 lb pit/lab mix that people say look evil cause she has white/crystal blue on her iris I trained like a police dog these are the commands in english - she knows them in english and german "Attack" this means charge and i'm in danger "Bite" - need I say more? "Hold" - keep a hold on her bite - "release" - let go. "evade"- like a sheep dog go around wide and come from behind I chose this word for the command because its distinct sounding. Also both know how to bark and speak on command 'speak' is a single bark the "Bark" command is a continuous barking - I taught them this so that they can have a vocal deterrance and not just a physical one.

I would be the same as you - I would call the law in a heart beat and then go outside and tell them to "GET THE DEVIL ON DOWN THE ROAD" I'd fire off a shot, and say loud enough they're sure to hear "Don't give me a reason to have a target" -
smile.png
My drug dealer neighbor is terrified of me now - because he came on my porch for a second time to grump, I seen it was him before I answered the door, grabbed my big pistol and answered the door and he was getting off the porch, and I asked him what the devil he wanted and he started to run his mouth and cursing...Gun come out and cocked it, I told him flat out "Shut the devil up and get the devil off my property or I'll use this." He told me I wouldn't I wasn't man enough - I fired a shot in my drive way (10 feet from my porch) and sprayed a couple bits of gravel and he got the message loud and clear. Now he just glowers at me from his yard - but he knows I meant business for all my threats if he ran his mouth, acted inappropriate, or hurt one of my animals. I'm just waiting for the day they finish up their investigation into his tail and put him away on federal charges - (i know they're building a case cause my cousins are a narcotics officer in charge of the investigation and the other who is an investigator who's also working on it. ) whoot. lol

I live at the end of a road into the swamps and woods. 300 yards from my nearest neighbor! It isn't unusual for me to answer the door with with my .357 or a 12 guage mossberg loaded to the hilt. The local cops know it and also know if I call them, they better get their tails into the wind headed for my property! I have no problems getting rid of pest critters if need be and some of them may have only 2 legs! Shame on them if the 3 shepherds don't deter them! LOL! I have been told that the dogs are the only creatures on this property that have any sense! They may be correct!!!

I agree that these particular kids were rude... but you shouldn't sterotype all kids like that just because of them. Adults probably said the same thing when you were a kid.

I want Boyd to move in next door to me and give me his cell number. I figure he's going to be a LOT better than my local sherriff's office. Plus he can talk chicken.
big_smile.png

@NYchickies...... you had every right and reason to be concerned about what was going on. I used to live in town where there was constant noise/sirens and wouldnt think anything of it. But when you live where its quiet, the sound is VERY different to your ears.
The cop was rude. Thats his job, and when people stop calling he wont have one, and maybe he needs a job change if your fears/concerns are not important to him. As for the kids,
Its just to bad they were not raised well enough to say "sorry lady, we will try to keep it down" It would have been so simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom