Lack of respect in young people today

Status
Not open for further replies.
I totally agree that those guys had no respect, definately should've called you those things, and you were right to be suspicious. But being a teenager myself, I do have to say that you are kinda stereo-typing all of us. Yes, there are some bad bad bad kids out there with parents who don't care whar their kids are doing. But there are also kids who aren't like that, and hate being thrown into the same class as those people. I kinda know how that feels because my graduating class has been named "the worst class" to ever go through our school district because of a handful of people. (Druggies, arsonist, bad people
th.gif
) Just saying! Although I fully agree that those guys had NO RIGHT to be walking down a dark dirt road, being loud, and verbally abusing you at TWO AM IN THE MORNING! Thats just crazy..
th.gif

Settin'_Pretty :

I sort of have to agree that you should mind your own business

hummm i wonder how many more people would be dead, raped ect if people minded their own business??????

if i had minded my own business here at 3:30am about 9 years ago after my dog was barking, my neighbor wouldn't be alive........
he was trying to drive himself to the hospital while having a heart attack.....
I went outside and found him face down in his driveway.....
needless to say William is alive and kicking still to this day
big_smile.png
and is now like a father to me....

why he tried to drive himself instead of calling 911 im not sure...but you do weird things in that situation....

if i hand minded my own business 3 years ago, my neighbor across the street wouldn't have a car right now...
police caught them red handed breaking the steering...trying to hot wire the car...

if i had minded my own business last year..............i wouldn't have a truck either.........i sure and the heck cant afford to buy another truck.....

you see u may think you live in the perfect area.........boy how wrong you are...........

maybe someone will decide to mind their own business when someone is trying to break into your house, or steal your car/truck.......

I agree with you about kids today.............im not that old....in my late 30's.........but i tell ya one thing if i had acted like that toward anyone at any time...i would have got my butt BUSTED!
honestly i did once or twice, and i tell ya i never did it again!

thats the problem with kids today..........parents are too scared to punish their kids.......because they are afraid the law will step in.......

when i was in Elementary and Jr High School, that good old Paddle hung on the office wall...

now days schools are too danged scared to do anything!!! IMO

and Tv's and computers have become babysitters.......​

It is a good thing all they did was run their mouths. I would be cautious for a while as sometimes thoughts of *payback* will pop into the minds of drunkards who feel they have been slighted. I am pretty sure we have curfews in our city,because I see teens mentioned in the police blotter being picked up.

I don't recall if it was last summer,but the mother/daughter attacked with a machete at their home was picked at random by drunk young adults that just came up with the idea to break in somewhere.You never know what people(of any age) might do so you need to be prepared.

Shame on the trooper for not sending a car out! There are just to many(one is enough) cases of rape and murder that might have been avoided if action had been taken.

If I had a gun I would have just waited a bit and shot anyone trying to enter my home.My dogs are not that big but they SOUND big,lol.They might scare someone off as long as the intruder doesn't see them.

i don't think I would've called the sheriff right away i would've gone out and listened and if I determined it was just a bunch of drunk kids walking down the road I would've of left it - having been there and done that - at least these particular kids were walking not driving - however I would've taken my beast with me. I would've called the sheriff to report the 4 vehicles that left the party with what you assumed drunk drivers.

Out where I live it takes the RCMP/Local police awhile to get out to where we live - oh for petes sake we have to wait for a dang call back from the police before they make it out here lol. So we usually just take descriptions of vehicles and people if we have to and then call in a suspicious persons complaint.

They were rude and mouthy but I would assume they figured they were doing nothing to harmful walking down the road and were upset that you went out and "yelled" at them. Just saying

4567 I see totally what you mean. Back when me and DH were in HS it wasn't called AHS, it was called AAHS because of the rampant drinking (and drug the drum line was called the drug line) abuse. Officers and drug dogs on campus... etc. Though I can be grateful we weren't one year ahead... THAT group really got it bad with a portion (maybe up to 50%) of the football team did some very very bad things... family site, won't go into it... but basically ANYONE from our school was tagged by adults AND other students with these lovely little names based on those horrible acts... just name calling, not physical or anything (least not those I knew) but still it was hurtful to be lumped in... particularly given the crime... it's a pet peeve of mine... so I hear you.

Quote:
I have NO DOUBT that that is a huge motivator for some, (doesn't seem to stop my sis and her kids HAVE been taken before and as we speak!) and a minor one for others. But MANY also don't want their kids to hate them (like they hate theirs?)... they want their kids to be their friends... to love them and like them from day one... and thus they walk on eggshells around them their entire lives... and suddenly we have a country that is sad... but not really surprised anymore... when things like Columbine happen. When the heck did that become normal, acceptable? Token sniff and tear and then head back in the sand.

Now, I'll be the first to admit I don't hit my kids. When they were little, didn't speak English, and a swat was the only way to communicate the danger of their behavior (swat hurt a heck of a lot less than a burn!) then I did... not 20+ licks... 1-2... but now they are older, they speak English, I can tell them what they did wrong and they can WORK of the 'debt' so to speak... extra chores, no games, stay in room... etc. Works fairly well so far, but ask me again in 15 years when they're 27 and 23 and I'm pills to rebuild my strength after surviving their teen years.

As my dad would say "Jerks come in all ages" - although he would say it more colorfully.

I know lots of teen agers, and adore pretty much all of the ones I know. I have met rude people of all ages.

Age aside, those people you haggled with were rude and that's what matters, their age is immaterial. I bet if you look back at writings from 200 years ago you'd see more than one person saying "kids these days!". Let's not even get into what the parents of the Baby Boomers might have thought. Whoa Nellie
lol.png

Don't get me started.....kids are flat out rude and disrespectful to everyone even my own but yet expect everything to be the way they want it.....they treat their friends and total strangers better then their parents. I know parents that have tried everything and still the kids don't care about anything but what they want and for a quick second and right back being rude. They are very selfish, inconsiderate, rude, and disrespectful daily. I am feed up. Something has changed about the way kids are brought up I think there are a few things that have made things the way they are today with kids.....one problem being split marriages the kids just run to where they get away with murder and other parents want to be their friend not their parent in my case. I have another child that is just hard headed and very mouthy he thinks he has it all figured out. So don't say all parents cause we and other parents I know have tried so hard what can you do?

I live at the beginning of a dead-end dirt road and my only neighbor is about 500 feet down the road. I have gotten woken up during the night before to people's voices, dogs barking, coyotes howling, bob cats screaming (which sounds just like a woman's blood-curdling scream) and I've always gotten up and investigated. One time there was a girl who had crashed her car into a tree down the road. Another time some kids were trying to steal gasoline out of my garage and my vehicles. Another time someone was heading down to the neighbors to rob them. So, in my opinion, it's a good thing to investigate and try to get the local law enforcement out there as well. Their job is to serve and protect, not be lazy ass**les! I would turn that desk person in. They weren't upholding your protection. There are also noise laws most everywhere even in rural areas. Oh yes, my husband wouldn't move his lazy ass out of bed! It was always me! (Some men...) I commend you for looking out for your area!

Quote:
i agree with everything you have said here and more...split marriages, divorce, ect has also contributed to the way kids and i hate to say it younger adults in their 20's...........
now not all parents are like this i totally agree.....

but i have seen so many of them, they didnt think about having children and the responsibility that it takes to raise children... Heck I was one of them! i made mistakes......also.....but its part of growing up........ ( prego at 17) but thank gosh i was raised with old fashioned values....
young parents get frustrated and just send the children to their room...here ya go hun go play your ps3 mommy is busy.........

if i got sent to my room, it was for a reason..........i had NO TV or VIDEO GAMES in there thats for sure.........

i grew up with chores everyday......there was a routine and we had TV free nights...
Homework was done as soon as i got home.......it didnt get to put if off several hours.....
if my grades were not good, i didnt get to go out friday night...........ect...........

Honestly IMO there is something missing in schools, one is the pledge of allegiance, and something else i wont mention because i dont want to start a debate....kids should have the option to do it if they want to..........

and now teachers are scared of the kids for good reason in some instances....
I would not be a teacher if someone gave me a million dollars a year to teach.........

I raised my two kids the exact same way i was raised.....needless to say both are in college now on full scholarships.... and still to this day...if my kids acted that way towards someone...they would get a major talking to........

I also half raised my step son since he was 11..( his mother walked off and never came back)

now that was a chore..hard headed and mouthy beyond belief......would walk up to you and Hit you if he didnt get his way........
He learned very quickly....... TOUGH LOVE......he sure didnt like being in his room without anything to watch, and he sure didnt like not getting to go out at all....No Phone, No Tv, No internet nothing........ We provided food shelter and clothing....that was it....
his attitude changed very quickly in 4 months time........
some may think this is harsh..but it worked.............

and where the heck did this " Be a friend to your children " come from??? a Parent is a Parent and not your best friend.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom