Large Fowl Cochin Thread

Here is Fluffy, very light grey great feathering on the legs. Meyer only offers 4 colors white silver laced partridge and blue,

Well I learned something today in my LF bunch that I didn't think would happen. Stumpy is passing his genes on!!Bless his lil heart and bummed up leg!Guess I can put more eggs in my incubator.

Yes, silver laced is an optional color for the cochin breed. I dont know the age of your bird but it is truly lacking in cochin features as shown. Is this bird hatchery or breeder stock? I highly suggest you go on line and look at some cochin photos to acquaint yourself more with the breed. The cochin breed has exceptional personality and also appearance. This breed will not bring question to what you own for those reasons! If you never owned this breed before, your in for a real treat! Enjoy.
frow.gif

Does anyody know any standard cochin breeders in the US? I have two GORGEOUS barred hens but nobody to breed them to! I found one breeder in Florida, but she never responded to me so I just gotta keep looking.

Let me know if anybody is selling please :)

Just put my first batch of eggs in incubator this morning. I outcrossed my large cochins with my Belgian malines. Hoping to get some really nice birds from that mix. Cochin eggs are small and I cant imagine how these birds get so big coming from such a small egg!!??

Back
Top Bottom