Large tear/cut below vent

Misty is still behaving normal. We gave her a little supervised time with the other chickens and of course she got a couple pecks but she seems well.

I am concerned about the appearance of her wound though. Concerned its looking infected. Not sure what to make of the blue. Presently its not warmer than the rest of her and it doesn’t smell.

I have water soluble amoxicillin that I’ve mixed up and given her access too. I realize thats not the ideal way to go about this but the only liquids I have are baytril, tylan, and LA200

Pictures are after a bath - no iodine applied.

BC65D5D2-9F14-4055-BF73-2ECF45E0D931.jpeg
0EB1B9FE-6819-44C7-9DB1-B096BD4F7179.jpeg

039B75B5-EF80-4379-8C56-806996C21A4B.jpeg

It doesn’t appear to be infected, and looks pretty good. Is there any drainage or bad odor? Sometimes blue or green can be bruised skin. I would continue spraying it with either saline or Vetericyn and applying the triple antibiotic ointment twice a day. Do you have amoxicillin liquid 50mg per ml? Or tablets?

It doesn’t appear to be infected, and looks pretty good. Is there any drainage or bad odor? Sometimes blue or green can be bruised skin. I would continue spraying it with either saline or Vetericyn and applying the triple antibiotic ointment twice a day. Do you have amoxicillin liquid 50mg per ml? Or tablets?
No drainage, no smell. Will keep doing, thank you. I have human amoxicillin and bird amoxicillin powder 10g/100g

Appreciate the guidance!

It looks pretty good. Can you post a picture of your amoxicillin and tell us how much she weighs?
Shes about 6 pounds if I remember correctly. I weighed them all maybe 4 months ago.

I have 500mg amoxicillin caplets so I can mix half of that into water and syringe it into her mouth.

But for reference.
75A6EE27-27DF-4BC9-9357-9E3E0926715A.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom