Larkwell Valley (2023)

That would just be a question of isolation and sanitation. I personally don't do this, but if you have more than one incubator you could keep them in different rooms. And (and this I do) just properly clean the incubator afterwards.
Okay, but I would be safe with the ducklings for the most part once they hatch? Or would I still need to quarantine them for 30+ days after they hatch? They'd be the only ones in that incubator anyways since if I can get eggs, I'll probably just get as many as I can fit to have a decent chance of getting at least a few to hatch

Okay, but I would be safe with the ducklings for the most part once they hatch? Or would I still need to quarantine them for 30+ days after they hatch? They'd be the only ones in that incubator anyways since if I can get eggs, I'll probably just get as many as I can fit to have a decent chance of getting at least a few to hatch
If you're really really worried, you an keep them separate for that amount of time. It's only four weeks, which would be too young to introduce to the adults. I've found ducks much hardier than chickens though so I don't think it would be an issue to have them in a pen next to the adults.

If you're really really worried, you an keep them separate for that amount of time. It's only four weeks, which would be too young to introduce to the adults. I've found ducks much hardier than chickens though so I don't think it would be an issue to have them in a pen next to the adults.
Okay.

I have a set up I can do for a half decent quarantine of ducklings if I get my butt into gear and actually set it up, I just prefer raising them in their pen so they can be the mud monsters they like to be.

The main one I'm concerned about is Mycoplasma. I'm not sure what other diseases can go through eggs for ducks that can spread, but I know that one can and one of the places I was looking at eggs, a person on here claimed they got the disease from them.

Okay.

I have a set up I can do for a half decent quarantine of ducklings if I get my butt into gear and actually set it up, I just prefer raising them in their pen so they can be the mud monsters they like to be.
:lau

The main one I'm concerned about is Mycoplasma. I'm not sure what other diseases can go through eggs for ducks that can spread, but I know that one can and one of the places I was looking at eggs, a person on here claimed they got the disease from them.
You saw the posts about sanitizing eggs, right? I'm sort of testing it out myself. Warm water, wipe dry. Some of those duck eggs were gross! :sick

I'll let you know how it goes!

:lau

You saw the posts about sanitizing eggs, right? I'm sort of testing it out myself. Warm water, wipe dry. Some of those duck eggs were gross! :sick

I'll let you know how it goes!
Are you using hydrogen peroxide in the water too?

I'm seriously considering getting the eggs, they're just rather pricey so I have to think about it some more. I had been hoping I'd have a few possible sources, but it looks like if I want them this year, I have one breeder that looks like it's still a possibility. The other two aren't selling any eggs at all this year.

On the plus(?) Side, it would be only 6 eggs, so I'd probably be safe just getting two of my brooders set up at most in my shed, not all four.

Are you using hydrogen peroxide in the water too?

I'm seriously considering getting the eggs, they're just rather pricey so I have to think about it some more. I had been hoping I'd have a few possible sources, but it looks like if I want them this year, I have one breeder that looks like it's still a possibility. The other two aren't selling any eggs at all this year.

On the plus(?) Side, it would be only 6 eggs, so I'd probably be safe just getting two of my brooders set up at most in my shed, not all four.
I just did a soak in warm water to get crud off.

Back
Top Bottom