Lash egg and yolks on the poop tray

OK. I asked about molt because sometimes when going into or coming out of molt glitches can happen. Sounds like that isn't a factor.

OK. I asked about molt because sometimes when going into or coming out of molt glitches can happen. Sounds like that isn't a factor.
Tried to take another picture of the content. Looks like it may have a membrane, so could may be what you mentioned, a soft shelled material, but not sure.

Attachments

• IMG_20231219_153750024_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20231219_153750024_HDR.jpg
    348.5 KB · Views: 8
It does kind of look more like a shell rather than lash material, at least what I'm used to seeing in mine. Fingers crossed that's what it is, and the calcium helps.

Tried to take another picture of the content. Looks like it may have a membrane, so could may be what you mentioned, a soft shelled material, but not sure.
In any case, I think that there is the risk it ruptured inside her, so I will continue the antibiotics. Is 7 days ok or should I do 10?

Depends on how she's doing. If she seems fine at 7 days and laying is normal then that may be enough. If she's still having issues, or seems off at all, continue to 10. I usually go a couple days beyond seeing anything off, any symptoms at all. If there is infection and you stop too soon, then it can be harder to treat, it may not respond to the medication then. So you want to make sure it's completely gone.

Depends on how she's doing. If she seems fine at 7 days and laying is normal then that may be enough. If she's still having issues, or seems off at all, continue to 10. I usually go a couple days beyond seeing anything off, any symptoms at all. If there is infection and you stop too soon, then it can be harder to treat, it may not respond to the medication then. So you want to make sure it's completely gone.
Ok, thanks so much for your help. I really appreciate it.

Back
Top Bottom