Late Feburary-Early March 2016 Hatch-A-Long!

How many times have you hatched eggs?

• This is my first time

Votes: 23 32.9%
  • Two

Votes: 14 20.0%
  • Three

Votes: 4 5.7%
  • Four or five

Votes: 6 8.6%
  • Five to ten

Votes: 4 5.7%
  • Ten to twenty

• Twenty to fifty

Votes: 7 10.0%
  • Fifty or more

• Total voters
Once we see a picture of this one's head I think I'll be able to tell if it's Muscovy.

-Kathy

Head shot of duck #2
Duck #3 is currently drying off. Last duck egg is externally pipped.

Can you take another picture that shows the side of it's head?

-Kathy

Congrats, they're really cute! See the single eye stripe on the bottom duckling? Pretty sure single stripe = Muscovy. If they are Muscovy, which i think they are, one in the botom picture will be black or black and white. You can also see the very beginning of caruncles. Second down will also be black, but it's not the typicle black, it's what called "dusky".

-Kathy

Congrats, they're really cute! See the single eye stripe on the bottom duckling? Pretty sure single stripe = Muscovy. If they are Muscovy, which i think they are, one in the botom picture will be black or black and white. You can also see the very beginning of caruncles. Second down will also be black, but it's not the typicle black, it's what called "dusky".

-Kathy

Thank you!

My leghorns are in lockdown. I also have a couple silkie eggs, few hona eggs and a EE and a couple cross eggs. I guess I should be making some new brooder accommodations. I hate to use those 250 watt red lamps. I have three brinsea ecobrooders but all in use.

Going to get busy busy busy soon.,...

Back
Top Bottom