Late Feburary-Early March 2016 Hatch-A-Long!

How many times have you hatched eggs?

• This is my first time

Votes: 23 32.9%
  • Two

Votes: 14 20.0%
  • Three

Votes: 4 5.7%
  • Four or five

Votes: 6 8.6%
  • Five to ten

Votes: 4 5.7%
  • Ten to twenty

• Twenty to fifty

Votes: 7 10.0%
  • Fifty or more

• Total voters
Key, welcome! I'm sure you'll love the Genesis!

Turken, these were on eBay last week some time. I almost got them but was nervous about getting eBay eggs. I didn't know MPC had Mille fleurs, I checked a while back!

Machin, I've had Broodies like that! I've got one who lets me do anything, but most of my Silkie's can and will 'protect' their nest from me and the horrible threat that I am
1f602.png
1f602.png
:lau. I deffinately wouldn't toss anything on day three. I never toss until day ten...good luck!

Butterflies, I've had fertility show itself pretty late, so hopefully some more will show up later!

K5, candleing is so fun! I literally candled my first ever batch (four years and hundreds of chicks ago) to death. Nobody hatched, and my next batch that I only candled three times did great. I candle on day 7, 10 if I have any doubts about fertility, and 18.
Those sound like some awesome mixes, can't wait to see the chicks! When are they due again?

Last edited:
I've learned one lesson on my first ever batch .Candle the egg looking for microscopic cracks before putting into incubator. LOL had one try to turn into popcorn the first night. I'm almost afraid that I've screwed up already. Did candle day one and day three.

I've learned one lesson on my first ever batch .Candle the egg looking for microscopic cracks before putting into incubator. LOL had one try to turn into popcorn the first night.  I'm almost afraid that I've screwed up already.  Did candle day one and day three.

I've had two eggs explode due to internal cracking, and it was NOT an enjoyable experience! I've candled before setting ever since then...

You should be fine, just candle as little as possible from here on out :-D

Hi everyone. I should be setting my batch tomorrow if my eggs are at the post office today. I'll be setting some Isbars, BCMs, and SBELs. I like to hatch a few of my own in case USPS was too rough and only a few hatch.

Set 46 yesterday. I have a light Brahma rooster over light Brahmas, a white leghorn, an easter egger,white giants, and some maran mixes. Had 7 of 7 eggs hatch a month ago so hoping for a good hatch this time too. Set more than the Turner had room for but I figured a few probably won't be fertile. Also had purchased some maran eggs and had 16 hatch two weeks ago

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom