Late Feburary-Early March 2016 Hatch-A-Long!

How many times have you hatched eggs?

• This is my first time

Votes: 23 32.9%
  • Two

Votes: 14 20.0%
  • Three

Votes: 4 5.7%
  • Four or five

Votes: 6 8.6%
  • Five to ten

Votes: 4 5.7%
  • Ten to twenty

• Twenty to fifty

Votes: 7 10.0%
  • Fifty or more

• Total voters
Wish I had some to set. Anyday, my welsh harlequin ducks should start laying again. I can't wait to start hatching some more duckies.

In my mutt group, possible dads are welshies!!! The KC combos I'm hoping for super egg layers in a larger body. All my super layers next to my KCs are mallard mixes. I'm getting 8-13 eggs a day with an almost 100% fertility rate of checked eggs! I'm hoping to get some silver welshie females this year from Holderreads.

My first post and I thought I'd take the plunge in a hatch-along! I set 24 Marans eggs yesterday with a due hatch date of the 25th. 12 are Wheaten Marans and 12 are Copper Blue Marans (which should give some Splash marans chicks as well). Love getting the incubator going for the first time in the year. It means that Spring is right around the corner! Here's a pic of the incubator full (lid off for a few seconds for the photo opp).

Candling tomorrow!!! -
fl.gif

Woohoo! That's a lot of eggs Drum!

My eggs just arrive in the mail! All uncracked, 11 detached air cells and one saddle cell. Will be setting when they reach room temperature :-D

I suspect it'll be a few fewer after candling but hopefully plenty of little feathered leg beauties in a couple of weeks. Incubator is an old style Brinsea Octagon 20 with auto turn cradle that has served me very well for nearly 10 years. Of course it helps to learn how your own incubator works with all of its temperature and humidity idiosyncrasies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

due 27th ...top 3 BCM, 2 cockoo marans, 2nd row4 Blue Isbars, one buff cochin bottom row 5 gray eggers, one BCM/Blue isbar egg.
Awesome!!! When are you setting?
Set 46 yesterday. I have a light Brahma rooster over light Brahmas, a white leghorn, an easter egger,white giants, and some maran mixes. Had 7 of 7 eggs hatch a month ago so hoping for a good hatch this time too. Set more than the Turner had room for but I figured a few probably won't be fertile. Also had purchased some maran eggs and had 16 hatch two weeks ago
Nice! That's a lot of eggs!
I'd like to join this!!! I've got 4 due February 28th khaki campbell Cayuga mixes and 7 more due March 3 mystery ducks!!!!
Ooh, ducks! I want ducks sooo bad! Can't wait to see the babies!

I want to see ducklings too!!! I hate wintertime, husband has banned me from hatching during November, December and January......
1f621.png
1f621.png
1f621.png
1f621.png
I cheated and set on Jan 31
1f607.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom