Late Feburary-Early March 2016 Hatch-A-Long!

How many times have you hatched eggs?

• This is my first time

Votes: 23 32.9%
  • Two

Votes: 14 20.0%
  • Three

Votes: 4 5.7%
  • Four or five

Votes: 6 8.6%
  • Five to ten

Votes: 4 5.7%
  • Ten to twenty

• Twenty to fifty

Votes: 7 10.0%
  • Fifty or more

• Total voters
I ended up getting 40 quail chicks to hatch from 71 eggs, but I spoke with the breeder today and he's had similar results where he usually gets 95%, so I feel a lot better about my results. He gave me another 6 dozen free to make up for it, so they'll be in the incubator late tonight. He said not to expect much better results, but it'll get me to where I had hoped to be with the first batch.
If I get better than 50% from eggs that weren't my own I feel blessed!!! So, don't be too discouraged.

I am very anxious as my first hatch this year is due Friday night... I have a whole crew on lockdown and they were all either asleep or dead when I candled before I took them out of the turners. I have a staggered hatch going so humidity is at 50%. I always think I killed them somewhere and they come out like popcorn.

I really need these little guys to hatch as they are the eggs I purchased...white pavlovaskaya's, blue isbar/bcm mix, spitzhaubens, and my own silkie sizzle hen with an unknown father...this should be interesting because I think the cemani was fond of her!

Yoday should be hatch day for my Bourbon eggs.

No pips yet.

Not holding out much hope had movement in 3 before lock down. Did a quick candle last night and saw no movement. Hope they were asleep.

Will leave til sat. If nothing will toss.

Congrats to all other who had successful hatches.

No pips yet.

Not holding out much hope had movement in 3 before lock down. Did a quick candle last night and saw no movement. Hope they were asleep.

I hope some hatch. I'm waiting for that special moment too and I know how incredibly frustrating it can be.

No pips yet.

Crossing our finger for you...

It is so dry here right now my humidity pump is running full time. I am just happy my incubator is not outside my bedroom door like last Fall...(It was the only place in the old farmhouse that was draft and light free.) No sleep....Hoping for some chicks tomorrow night...Day 21 starts at 8 pm.

[Please do! How many eggs did you set?]
I set four eggs, the father is a buff brahma bantam. A mottled Cochin bantam is the mom of two of them, a buff brahma is the mom of one, and a Mille Fleur is the mom of one.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom