Late Feburary-Early March 2016 Hatch-A-Long!

How many times have you hatched eggs?

• This is my first time

Votes: 23 32.9%
  • Two

Votes: 14 20.0%
  • Three

Votes: 4 5.7%
  • Four or five

Votes: 6 8.6%
  • Five to ten

Votes: 4 5.7%
  • Ten to twenty

• Twenty to fifty

Votes: 7 10.0%
  • Fifty or more

• Total voters
4 is my total hatch out of ten eggs that made it to lockdown :-/. The rest quit around the day the power went out :'(
I got one tribble Serama from the shipped eggs and 3 Mille fleur Cochin bantams from my own flock. I'll get pics when I get home :-D

I have got 5 silkies out and one white pav with a pip...I am trying not to shine my light on them...I find if I hatch in the dark then they don't move around too much towards the light. They also can rest because hatching is very stressful for the little buggers...Should be a lot more action by tonight. (Day 21 started last night @ 8pm)

The downside of handling trays of 50 eggs is if you drop it, even a little bit, you can break a lot of eggs. I just broke 4 fertile eggs...;-[

I did my Day 10 candling yesterday. Current fertility rate is 79.17%, slightly higher than the final fertility rate for my last hatch. Unfortunately, all of my turkey eggs appear infertile, but I've left them in just in case. 5 early deaths leaves me with 67 (plus the 5 turkey eggs) going forward.
I'm so sorry about your eggs
sad.png
That really sucks. You've still got lots of eggs and high fertility though!

Down to last egg. Out of three that had movement.

One just died.
One internal pipped and died.
Last one still moving that I could see on the inner membrane.

I would like to assist but without external pip would probably lose baby anyway.

Guess I'll let nature run its course. If i hatches great if not at a loss.

Last edited:
4 is my total hatch out of ten eggs that made it to lockdown :-/. The rest quit around the day the power went out :'(
I got one tribble Serama from the shipped eggs and 3 Mille fleur Cochin bantams from my own flock. I'll get pics when I get home :-D
Congrats on your 4!!!
jumpy.gif
I am sorry about your power. That stinks!!! Serama's are tough to hatch & I have had no luck with them.

Down to last egg. Out of three that had movement.

One just died.
One internal pipped and died.
Last one still moving that I could see on the inner membrane.

I would like to assist but without external pip would probably lose baby anyway.

Guess I'll let nature run its course. If i hatches great if not at a loss.
I hope it hatches for you...

7 hatched, and one egg still rocking.. :D
Sweet~

Back
Top Bottom