Late Feburary-Early March 2016 Hatch-A-Long!

How many times have you hatched eggs?

• This is my first time

Votes: 23 32.9%
  • Two

Votes: 14 20.0%
  • Three

Votes: 4 5.7%
  • Four or five

Votes: 6 8.6%
  • Five to ten

Votes: 4 5.7%
  • Ten to twenty

• Twenty to fifty

Votes: 7 10.0%
  • Fifty or more

• Total voters
Day 8 for my turkey eggs. I'm not used to the speckled shells and I couldn't really tell much when I candled today as far as veining is concerned. I did swear I say darker floaters in there when I would tip a couple of eggs. We'll see just how many I get to hatch out of the 14 in the bator.
fl.gif

Day 8 for my turkey eggs.  I'm not used to the speckled shells and I couldn't really tell much when I candled today as far as veining is concerned.  I did swear I say darker floaters in there when I would tip a couple of eggs.  We'll see just how many I get to hatch out of the 14 in the bator.  :fl

Good luck!!

Day 8 for my turkey eggs.  I'm not used to the speckled shells and I couldn't really tell much when I candled today as far as veining is concerned.  I did swear I say darker floaters in there when I would tip a couple of eggs.  We'll see just how many I get to hatch out of the 14 in the bator.  :fl

Good luck.

Day eight veins and embryo are pretty small. Day 10-14 they are much easier to see.

I was going to wait until day 10 but I work that day so I figured I'd take a look and then again on my next day off on Thursday. The fact that I even THOUGHT I saw anything today is promising, though. I have 3 different breeds, Chocolate, Lavender, and Mottled Black. I promised the person I got the eggs from that I'd keep him updated.

Congrats all to your hatches!

My incubator is a sea of fuzz....Day 22 now. I usually don't open it until Day 23 starts but I think I may pull them around noon if almost all have hatched. When I went to bed last night it looked like about 60% had hatched out. There were about 6 with active pips but every time I shine the light in the incubator the little guys stampede towards the light and they move and shift the eggs around. That's why I prefer to just leave them in the dark to sleep it off. I am hatching mostly shipped eggs and some have traveled over 1,000 miles to get here...
jumpy.gif
It should be interesting as I have not had a hatch this big before and it's staggered. I hatched out at 50% humidity...even with my silkies.

My incubator is a sea of fuzz....Day 22 now. I usually don't open it until Day 23 starts but I think I may pull them around noon if almost all have hatched. When I went to bed last night it looked like about 60% had hatched  out. There were about 6 with active pips but every time I shine the light in the incubator the little guys stampede towards the light and they move and shift the eggs around.      That's why I prefer to just leave them in the dark to sleep it off.  I am hatching mostly shipped eggs and some have traveled over 1,000 miles to get here...:jumpy   It should be interesting as I have not had a hatch this big before and it's staggered.  I hatched out at 50% humidity...even with my silkies. 

A sea of fuzz!! Love the imagery. Congrats on a great hatch.

My incubator is a sea of fuzz....Day 22 now. I usually don't open it until Day 23 starts but I think I may pull them around noon if almost all have hatched. When I went to bed last night it looked like about 60% had hatched out. There were about 6 with active pips but every time I shine the light in the incubator the little guys stampede towards the light and they move and shift the eggs around. That's why I prefer to just leave them in the dark to sleep it off. I am hatching mostly shipped eggs and some have traveled over 1,000 miles to get here...
jumpy.gif
It should be interesting as I have not had a hatch this big before and it's staggered. I hatched out at 50% humidity...even with my silkies.
Congrats!!
I woke up this morning to find this
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom