Late Feburary-Early March 2016 Hatch-A-Long!

How many times have you hatched eggs?

• This is my first time

Votes: 23 32.9%
  • Two

Votes: 14 20.0%
  • Three

Votes: 4 5.7%
  • Four or five

Votes: 6 8.6%
  • Five to ten

Votes: 4 5.7%
  • Ten to twenty

• Twenty to fifty

Votes: 7 10.0%
  • Fifty or more

• Total voters
Congrats to you all on your hatchers!!!

I wanted to pull my chicks but there is one white pavlovskaya and a silkie really trying to get out of their eggs. I am going to check them after dinner. I am ready for them...I can't wait to get my hands on them! I really need a good hatch on the white pavs to compliment my white pavs I just got from GFF & the spitzhaubens too.

I'm on day 16 and the humidity has been steady for last three days at 43% Just realized I don't have a sponge in the house for the last three days to raise humidity. So what is a good alternative? I started with 17 eggs and right now have 12 in the incubator. And how high should I attempt to get the humidity to? I really want some easter eggers to add to my flock.

My last turkey egg gave up.

Thanks for letting me hatch along.

I have welsummer eggs that are supposed to hatch in a week. Just candled and all are developing good. Out of a dozen only had one not fertile.

Congrats to successful hatches and good luck to those about to hatch.

I'm on day 16 and the humidity has been steady for last three days at 43% Just realized I don't have a sponge in the house for the last three days to raise humidity. So what is a good alternative? I started with 17 eggs and right now have 12 in the incubator. And how high should I attempt to get the humidity to? I really want some easter eggers to add to my flock.
If you don't have a sponge you may want to consider some small bowls...with water in it put somewhere where they will not drown. Sometimes people put little glass marbles in them so the chicks don't drown. I use small ramekins (Spelling?)

My last turkey egg gave up.

Thanks for letting me hatch along.

I have welsummer eggs that are supposed to hatch in a week. Just candled and all are developing good. Out of a dozen only had one not fertile.

Congrats to successful hatches and good luck to those about to hatch.

Sorry about your turkeys....Nice fertility on your Welsummers!
Well, just over 12 hours from our first pip, our first pip turned into a chick!
woot woot...hello little chicky!

Had to move the thermometer because one hid behind it and I freaked out for a bit.. All 9 doing well

Back
Top Bottom