Late Feburary-Early March 2016 Hatch-A-Long!

How many times have you hatched eggs?

• This is my first time

Votes: 23 32.9%
  • Two

Votes: 14 20.0%
  • Three

Votes: 4 5.7%
  • Four or five

Votes: 6 8.6%
  • Five to ten

Votes: 4 5.7%
  • Ten to twenty

• Twenty to fifty

Votes: 7 10.0%
  • Fifty or more

• Total voters
One of my peepers has a pip!
How exciting!
wee.gif
jumpy.gif

It's that fun busy time in the incubator! Hope you have some chicks soon!
Great job on your hatch! You learned a lot... You had a yolk sac infection and sounds like you have a crossbeak chicken too. Sorry about the loss of your little Yolky guy. It gets easier with each loss but still stinks. All eggs are not meant to hatch...sometimes something is just not quite right . I always have eggs that didn't hatch from shipped eggs & even my own eggs. Good luck with your new additions . Hope your child is doing well also!

Thank you! She is definitely doing much better. Finally getting back to her smiley self! I was sad to lose him but I tried not to get my hopes up too much because I knew it was a definite possibility. But yes, quite a learning experience! I can't wait for the next hatch! I want Cochins but I can't find any local and I'm pretty nervous about buying shipped eggs. I guess it's worth a shot.

11 eggs in bator.
4 were rockin and rolling and peeping
3 were pipped at (old time) 330 with one of those almost all the way zipped.
Watched that one hatch.

Loudest/longest peeper has gone silent with no pip.

Other 7 are no change.

Are your little pippers making any progress zipping? I thought you would have some babies by now. If you incubated at a lower temp they can take longer and certain breeds do too. I hope this works out ok for you. :hugsi
None visibly zipping. they are supposed to be arucanas/easter eggers.

Everybody is dead. i just opened two of the pipped. Dry inside eggsack gone but dead with their beaks stuck thru crack and membrane otherwise membrane not shrinkwrapped just tough. I am ready to cry.

Back
Top Bottom