Late Feburary-Early March 2016 Hatch-A-Long!

How many times have you hatched eggs?

• This is my first time

Votes: 23 32.9%
  • Two

Votes: 14 20.0%
  • Three

Votes: 4 5.7%
  • Four or five

Votes: 6 8.6%
  • Five to ten

Votes: 4 5.7%
  • Ten to twenty

• Twenty to fifty

Votes: 7 10.0%
  • Fifty or more

• Total voters
[COLOR=141823]Everybody is dead. i just opened two of the pipped. Dry inside eggsack gone but dead with their beaks stuck thru crack and membrane otherwise membrane not shrinkwrapped just tough.  I am ready to cry.[/COLOR]

Oh no. That's heartbreaking. I'm so sorry that happened to you. I wonder what happened.

[COLOR=141823]Everybody is dead. i just opened two of the pipped. Dry inside eggsack gone but dead with their beaks stuck thru crack and membrane otherwise membrane not shrinkwrapped just tough.  I am ready to cry.[/COLOR]

Sorry for the loss.

Day 19 started, 67 have gone into lockdown. I will open only once every 24 hours until day 23.

I'm so sorry for your loss folks who have suffered. If your eggtopsy shows a shrink-wrapped chick, it suggests you may have opened the bator too many times after "lockdown". After Day 18, you do not candle again until you are doing an eggtopsy. After Day 18 you are not opening the incubator to check on anything, you are opening to remove fully dry chicks.

The more you can leave a lockdown be, the better your results.

Day 16 out of 28 for my turkeys. So more than half way through. I do have to get a new battery for my thermometer and hygrometer. The button battery was going dead and I went to open up the battery compartment to just check to see what type of battery to get and then it wouldn't come back on. I have my backup thermometer in the bator still but I prefer the combo since it is more accurate.

Day 19 started, 67 have gone into lockdown. I will open only once every 24 hours until day 23.

I'm so sorry for your loss folks who have suffered. If your eggtopsy shows a shrink-wrapped chick, it suggests you may have opened the bator too many times after "lockdown". After Day 18, you do not candle again until you are doing an eggtopsy. After Day 18 you are not opening the incubator to check on anything, you are opening to remove fully dry chicks.

The more you can leave a lockdown be, the better your results.

I'd like to see pictures of these "shrink wrapped" chicks, and I'd like to see what position they were in, because it's quite possible that they were malpositioned in some subtle way.

-Kathy

Back
Top Bottom