Late January Hatch?

This noisy little bugger woke us up this morning.. and another egg starting to be pipped. A day earlier than I expected given how long it took the incubator to come to temp... guess that didn't matter. 1 out, 26 more to go.
If it happens anything like mine, once the first one hatch they all decided to join the party. Congrats on the first of 26!
1f60a.png

This noisy little bugger woke us up this morning.. and another egg starting to be pipped. A day earlier than I expected given how long it took the incubator to come to temp... guess that didn't matter. 1 out, 26 more to go.
Awesome! I'm getting so excited to see our own hatch!

Just candled our 18 remaining eggs. All look good air cells are growing well I think, I am a little worried they are a little on the small side, but they have definitely grown quite a bit in the past 4 days. Added 3 baby food jars with sponges in them and placed them under the two vent holes so that I can fill them easily. Just did all this about 10 minutes ago and the humidity is already climbing at 60%. Now we just wait.....
caf.gif
which is exhausting lol. I don't know if it is a bad or good thing that the incubator is right on my desk where I sit and work all day. Not sure how much work I will be getting done with the show going on next to me
pop.gif
. Wish us luck on a happy healthy little hatch!
jumpy.gif

@tishl don't be. It seems to happen real fast. Woke up to 7 babies this morning.

Had to help this guy. He was stuck to his shell. He was the first to pip but that was 2 days ago. We now have 8 chicks and 10 left to hatch.

Last edited:
Hi, im on day 14 of my incubation but hen i candle the eggs, it just looks like a mass inside that moves when i rotate the egg? anyone know if this means its bad

I was excited to come across the post and immediately went out to get supplies, lol! It's working so far. I hear a little chirp here and there but nothing like the last two nights.

I got the EcoGlow 20 which is the same concept. My chicks LOVE it. It's cute seeing them peeking their head out from under there but I do miss seeing them all the time lol.

Back
Top Bottom