lathargic skinny chicken

She is doing so much better now that we have her on the correct treatment!! She is alert, has both eyes open,comb is getting good color in it, was standing, cleaning herself, and is making chicken noises!!
D.gif
woot.gif

Which one should we use? I can't find where you said what vitamin she needs I know it was B..but there are a lot of B vitamins..lol

Back in post #2 I had recommended vitamins and probiotics be given for several days after using Corid for treatment of possible coccidiosis. If you only treated for canker, then you could just give a probiotic.

Which one should we use? I can't find where you said what vitamin she needs I know it was B..but there are a lot of B vitamins..lol

Just for your info: Birds diagnosed with canker are carriers and will spread it to other birds in your flock, mainly by waterers/feeders. To keep it in check, I recommend that you purchase acidified copper sulfate. Dosage is 1/4 teaspoon per gallon of water for 3 days once each month. Dont use metal waterers and dont overdose.
http://www.jefferspet.com/products/acidified-copper-sulfate-1

I would recommend some karo syrup and warm water mix. This should give her some much needed energy. This is totally safe to do while medicating.

Back
Top Bottom