Lavender Ameraucana Breeders .... UNITE

Pics
On my computer that chair looks tan. Lavenders should be an even color of grey which in poultry is called blue, so an even color of blue.

It's actually called "self-blue". You are correct about the even colour of grey.
wink.png
"Blue" in poultry usually shows a darker edging or lacing around each feather, and a darker hackle/head.

On my computer that chair looks tan. Lavenders should be an even color of grey which in poultry is called blue, so an even color of blue.
Right, Got the lav feather color breeding nicely. Now, I am trying to figure out what bay eyes look like. I have seen posts that some have had to cull for golden eyes.

Quote: I can help with that. I got some of Foley's breeder birds and he said the roo I got has PERFECT Bay eyes... I can get pics today and post tonight. Here is one of the hens. Looks like I remember in the day light. I will get one closer today.

Quote: I can help with that. I got some of Foley's breeder birds and he said the roo I got has PERFECT Bay eyes... I can get pics today and post tonight. Here is one of the hens. Looks like I remember in the day light. I will get one closer today.

Verry cool!!! Thank you!!! I appreciate it very much.

My critiques don't catch everything. I am new to all this. Right now I can just tell I don't like it... then I go look at what I like and can tell the differences. Yesterday I started to critique my Marans.... I had a check list of all the DQ's and Faults and a sketch of what they should look like. I am going to have to do that will all my chickens for a while. One day it will come to me without the crutches.

Great thead. Thanks very muc for starting it.
cool.png

I have a small flock of Blehm Lavender Ameraucana bantams that I'm growing out to breed for myself. They're almost to the POL and are all lavender. Is there a good line of black bantams that anyone could recommend?

I'm glad I found this thread. I am canning my wheatens due to just having so much trouble getting quality birds. I plan to keep my blacks, and I just ordered some lavs and blacks for spring. I am glad I have a place to learn and discuss without feeling completely stupid.
tongue.png

Back
Top Bottom