Lavender Ameraucana Breeders .... UNITE

Pics
Ok so put in my order with Paul Smith for some black and lavender chicks for march! Soooooo excited! Thank you dak for the info i think my kids will do well next year showing these birds at least the black ones
thumbsup.gif
No problemo, I think you will LOVE the eggs you get from your Blacks. Lavs are frustrating. I think this everytime I look at my grow-out pen.

They are more frustrating than my other birds..... complicated is an understatement!
barnie.gif
I am going to move 1 of my lav roos to the EE pen... the is throwing too many straight combs.
he.gif
He is sooooo pretty too.
hit.gif
Time to make some moves again.
th.gif

On a brighter note my Splits look AWESOME! Now if they would just start laying a month or so after I put a better roo in there I will be set!

Wow- had me fooled! I was looking at his back end and it looked so girly. He seems to have really good feather quality for a boy, so keep us posted how he fills out.

Heres some new pictures of "HIM"
barnie.gif
.Is he a straight or pea comb? It looked straight when he was younger. But his comb is so big and red now!! The amberlink thats the same age is laying already... and " HE" crows every morning now :( but he still gets picked on by the dominant EE hen lol. She thinks hes not manly enough yet.

somewhere inside of me still hopes that a blue egg will pop out of him someday
hit.gif
but he is really pretty tho :)

One of my Lav pullets from this years split x split breeding has started laying. I am happy with the color, which is the same as her Black Smith grandmother. Her pullet egg is the already the same size as my 2 year old original Lav hens.
yesss.gif

One of my Lav pullets from this years split x split breeding has started laying. I am happy with the color, which is the same as her Black Smith grandmother. Her pullet egg is the already the same size as my 2 year old original Lav hens.
yesss.gif

Awesome! Can i see some pics of the pretty momma?

First I am really happy DM started this thread. Breeding Lavs is a new experience and I am way behind the knowledge curve. The ABC forum has great info, but most of it is over my head. It's really hard to look at a picture and see what color eyes a chicken has. So, stupid question..... Is this chair the color we want in the Lav Am's??
ClickHandler.ashx

Back
Top Bottom