Lavender Ameraucana Breeders .... UNITE

My wife is like " why are you all dressed up for" and then I say " because babe, I'm gong to see my chicks"lol. Check out my babies.I keep on selling them all before they lay. This next hatch I'm going to keep some for myself. This is my favorite breed.

I have a question about chick down. I had 5 lavenders hatch out last Saturday. One seems to have a good bit of yellow down, like lemon. Is that normal or does that mean there will be some kind of leakage? The rest are pretty much straight lavender. I can try to get a picture later.

I have a question about chick down. I had 5 lavenders hatch out last Saturday. One seems to have a good bit of yellow down, like lemon. Is that normal or does that mean there will be some kind of leakage? The rest are pretty much straight lavender. I can try to get a picture later.
It is normal . Lavender are black and 2 recessive lavender genes dilute black to lavender . They are based on extended black . Black extends into those white areas as they grow . So in this case Lavender extends to cover those areas .

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom