Lavender Ameraucana Breeders .... UNITE

Well, I finally made it through this entire thread while my lavenders were incubating. I had 4 hatch a week ago, and another 4 this weekend. Loving it - they are so cute. 2014 had a sole lavender roo make it thru hatch. 2015 my one lonely lavender hen hatched.

Mom and Dad:

What a lovely pair!! Your roo is sooo handsome. Congratulations on your hatch, they are the CUTEST!!!
clap.gif

Well, I finally made it through this entire thread while my lavenders were incubating. I had 4 hatch a week ago, and another 4 this weekend. Loving it - they are so cute. 2014 had a sole lavender roo make it thru hatch. 2015 my one lonely lavender hen hatched. Mom and Dad:
LOVELY! I'm soooo jealous
1f61c.png
. I got my Lav Roo last November when he was just about 6 months old. He was alone for about a week till I got an old barnyard mix Banty hen to keep him company. Then I got 7 mixed color Ameraucana pullets/hens. So, I get a wonderful basket of Easter Eggs each day. What I really want is pure Lavs for hatching out pretty babies
1f425.png
1f60d.png
. No Lavender chicks/pullets/hens available to mate with my handsome roo
1f625.png
......1st available - 1 doz. straight run chicks being shipped to me about June 16th! Earliest I might have pure, fertilized Lavender Ameraucana eggs wiil be October-November and longer for chicks
1f629.png
1f621.png
. I want 'em now! Ah, well; good things come to those who wait
1f64f-1f3fc.png
1f60d.png

I am getting myself a lavender ameraucana rooster from a friend as soon as my new pens are finished, I will put my black pullet in with him for splits. It has some yellowing (sun bleaching), I'm not sure how his feather quality is. If it's bad how can I keep the lavender while getting rid of the feather issues? Is it even possible to completely get rid of feather quality issues in a line of lavender ameraucanas without outcrossing to blacks every few generations?

I came across this forum by luck. I bought a pair of red Ameraucanas and I really want to get my hands on some Lavenders because I want some EE and OE. No one close to me sells Ameraucanas so this will end up creating a weekend trip possibly to Columbus GA in the near future when I have my pens built and I can't wait!!!

I am in need of some help. I am new to chickens, and bought some hens and a rooster. The guy said they were ameraucana. Can someon please tell
[/IMG][/IMG]me if they are ameraucana or ee's?

I can't see the one in the background but the roo doesn't appear to be an Ameraucana.... Doeant have the beard traditional to that breed... But I am no expert either....

Back
Top Bottom