Lavender Ameraucana Breeders .... UNITE

Pics
Too many irons in the fire. Horses, cattle, a kid in dance, ballet, gymnastics. Full time job. 82-yr old father. Three times a week in church. Something's gotta give. I'm not planning on hatching this year due to other obligations pulling at me and these girls need to have their genetics utilized--they are GOOD. I hope someone serious about getting the lavenders recognized will seize this opportunity.

I just want to say i love this breed they are by far my favriot chicken breed i have ever had and they are just so awsome. They are so absolutley beutiful and so active you should see them go nuts hen i come out with treats.

I have a newbie question- how can you tell lavender chicks from blue chicks? I picked up four lovely chicks from a local member which of course I will love regardless but I am so curious as to which they will be. We don't have parent lines so I have been assuming blues due to genetic "favoritism" but the chicks were a grab bag of eggs that she hatched and I see some subtle differences in them. Anyway to differentiate if you don't know parents? They're all cute anyway, just need to assuage my overly curious mind! Thanks!

I have a newbie question- how can you tell lavender chicks from blue chicks? I picked up four lovely chicks from a local member which of course I will love regardless but I am so curious as to which they will be. We don't have parent lines so I have been assuming blues due to genetic "favoritism" but the chicks were a grab bag of eggs that she hatched and I see some subtle differences in them. Anyway to differentiate if you don't know parents? They're all cute anyway, just need to assuage my overly curious mind! Thanks!

You would not probably get Lavenders in a Grab Bag of chicks. Lavender is a rare color. The breeder would have KNOWN they were or could have been lavender. I would not slip someone lavenders without telling them they were lavender.

I remember i went to pick up some "high quality" lavanders and i asked the breeder if i could go back to look at his breeding setup and he said yes. so we head on back and we got there i seen lots of chickens, but not a lavander in sight.
hmm.png
Well i don't say anything right then and we go back up so i can get my chicks and when i look at them there not lavanders at all!
somad.gif
THEY WERE JUST SOME WEIRED CROSS BREED! so i let him know whats up and i left. I never buy chicks unless i see the parents. or if i get any hint of lying im out.

I remember i went to pick up some "high quality" lavanders and i asked the breeder if i could go back to look at his breeding setup and he said yes. so we head on back and we got there i seen lots of chickens, but not a lavander in sight.
hmm.png
Well i don't say anything right then and we go back up so i can get my chicks and when i look at them there not lavanders at all!
somad.gif
THEY WERE JUST SOME WEIRED CROSS BREED! so i let him know whats up and i left. I never buy chicks unless i see the parents. or if i get any hint of lying im out.

I don't usually let people near most of my breeding pens. Pictures are what most are going to see from me. I try to limit traffic near my chickens as much as I can. NO ONE goes in my pens EVER!. Just trying to practice BIO SECURITY as much as I can.

Once you know what a Lavender looks like you can spot them in the brooder boxes easy as pie. When I first got them I was not sure the lavenders from the blues but after some practice it got easier.

You would not probably get Lavenders in a Grab Bag of chicks.  Lavender is a rare color.  The breeder would have KNOWN they were or could have been lavender.  I would not slip someone lavenders without telling them they were lavender.

That's my logic too, just curious how one would tell if they were side by side. Another member indicates that you can see the difference, so what is it?

Back
Top Bottom