Lavender Ameraucana Breeders .... UNITE

I honestly don't know if KY will move forward on that proposed bill/ordinance. There are FAR too many families in subdivisions with large yards that have chickens (no roos out of respect for neighbors), and WAY too many family farms with chickens like ours. If it does pass, however, it will just affect the larger cities like Lexington, Louisville, etc. - not smaller towns like Berea or Irvine. Again, very thankful we live in a very rural part of our county! We're almost 10 miles outside the city limits. :)

And THAT^^^ is a GORGEOUS cockerel!

I will check both sites and contribute what I can. This is a great idea, not too much data about lavender Ameraucana's.
And hopefully they will be recognized as a breed soon.

I will check both sites and contribute what I can. This is a great idea, not too much data about lavender Ameraucana's.
And hopefully they will be recognized as a breed soon.
There is substantial amount of information about Lavender Ameraucanas on the ABC site. It may be a little more time till they apply to be a recognized breed variation. That is not a fast process and very in depth to qualify for recognition.

Last edited:
There is substantial amount of information about Lavender Ameraucanas on the ABC site.  It may be a little more time till they apply to be a recognized breed variation.  That is not a fast process and very in depth to qualify for recognition.  

Can Lavenders be shown in any class? I saw some pictures on the ABC site of Lavenders that had won at a show, may be their national show?

Thanks.

A while back somebody posted a picture chart for breeding Blues. At that time I said I wished there was a chart like that for the Lavenders. Well, I was messing around with that chart today (to put in the number of Blue genes on the birds and I thought - Why don't I make one for the Lavenders?

So here it is:

Hopefully this helps somebody understand Lavenders and Splits.

Last edited:
A while back somebody posted a picture chart for breeding Blues. At that time I said I wished there was a chart like that for the Lavenders. Well, I was messing around with that chart today (to put in the number of Blue genes on the birds and I thought - Why don't I make one for the Lavenders? So here it is: Hopefully this helps somebody understand Lavenders and Splits.
That is great! can you add one for splits and lavender crossed????? I think that is pretty conning....maybe more so than splits to splits.

A while back somebody posted a picture chart for breeding Blues. At that time I said I wished there was a chart like that for the Lavenders. Well, I was messing around with that chart today (to put in the number of Blue genes on the birds and I thought - Why don't I make one for the Lavenders? So here it is: Hopefully this helps somebody understand Lavenders and Splits.
Very helpful :) Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom