Lavender Ameraucana Breeders .... UNITE

Some pictures of my lavenders from this spring's hatches :)

Very pretty!

So I have an anomaly I am hoping someone might be able to shed some light on... I got a Lav cock from @DMRippy that she had got from @Shaffer and he has been known to throw recessive whites when bred to another carrying it as well... all good, I got him with full disclosure and am happy with him... I've set him up with 2 of my own Lav hens and a black split I hatched from @jerryse eggs... love her, she is gorgeous...

I have absolutely no complaints about the birds in any way, just curious about what I just hatched, lol... am hoping maybe someone has seen this and knows what it is... I know crossing lines can also make odd things pop up, so maybe it's just that, I dunno...

Anyways, the Lav hens chicks all hatched out typical Lavender and beautiful... from the split hen I hatched some gorgeous chicks, Lavenders, a couple black splits, a single recessive white, and an anomaly...

And now this... I thought it looked blue at first, but it's not... it has a very smoky look to it and I am completely baffled... I have no issues with what I am hatching, just want to know what I am hatching, lol...

I'd really like some input if anyone has any, please???

Any update on this chick? Would love to see an updated pic and how its feathering in
pop.gif

No beard/muff = not Ameraucana
Green egg = not Ameraucana
White egg = not Ameraucana unless bird is older and just losing blue egg color

Back
Top Bottom