Lavender cuckoo easter egger

Here is a lavender cuckoo cockerel.I hope to get a late hatch from him over some lav hens.This is LF and he will likely be on the small side.Note slate legs.I now have him with some cuckoo hens.He is probably not ready for breeding yet.

I just picked up two lavender cuckoo roos from GooseandFig, as soon as they are old enough I will be breeding them to my cuckoo hens- I'll be interested to see the leg color. These guys have very light almost white legs -

I have been unable to produce a double barred cuckoo rooster with slate legs so far.Only 1 single barred cuckoo rooster has kept slate legs.Most become spotted by 6 months.I was wondering if a double barred lavender split would hold the slate color.Getting slate on females more reliably now.I am think lavender might interfere with the effect on leg color.I will try this when I get a double barred lav rooster.

hello to this thread,
my name is bruce h. i am from hanover pa. my start came for pure accident on this project. i got some eggs by dumb luck from .faykoko
so here i am in this project with you guys.
here is where it stands at this point. 6 remaining lavenders left. 1 cockerel cuckoo. 1 cockerel lav. the remaining 4 lav pullets.
the male is a good looking bird. nice beard, muffs, wide backed. the. tail and hackles show nice barring. the body has very lite barring. legs are not slate color but a skin tone color with slate patches.
from what i have gathered from faykoko. this cockerel carries a single barring gene.
he is a very young cockerel. i will know more as he matures and goes through juvenile molt.
i have to read this thread from the beginning .i am hoping to understand this project and exactly how to breed to darken the barring and legs.
any and all help is appreciated . also i can handle criticism .
so here i am ready and willing.

bruce h

hello to this thread,
my name is bruce h. i am from hanover pa. my start came for pure accident on this project. i got some eggs by dumb luck from .faykoko
so here i am in this project with you guys.
here is where it stands at this point. 6 remaining lavenders left. 1 cockerel cuckoo. 1 cockerel lav. the remaining 4 lav pullets.
the male is a good looking bird. nice beard, muffs, wide backed. the. tail and hackles show nice barring. the body has very lite barring. legs are not slate color but a skin tone color with slate patches.
from what i have gathered from faykoko. this cockerel carries a single barring gene.
he is a very young cockerel. i will know more as he matures and goes through juvenile molt.
i have to read this thread from the beginning .i am hoping to understand this project and exactly how to breed to darken the barring and legs.
any and all help is appreciated . also i can handle criticism .
so here i am ready and willing.

bruce h
I am in the same boat.. but not lavender, as I lack this gene in Nicaragua, but I´ll produce Barred males with slate colored shanks,

I am in the same boat.. but not lavender, as I lack this gene in Nicaragua, but I´ll produce Barred males with slate colored shanks,
so what you have is cuckoo male with slate legs. what color skin. white or yellow? what do the combs look like? the birds you produce maybe helpful in this project.
what do the pullets look like? have you bred these to genes together? what was the outcome? i will have to ask the others what they think.
if we all concur your bird is useful to the project . i have no trouble importing some of your birds. if usa customs agents do not have a ban.

/

Here are some new photos.The cuckoo is single barred not sure on the lav cuckoo.Slate legs.The cuckoo that are bouble barred have all been spotted legs.My theory is lavender may interfere with the effect on leg color.I will use this lav cuckoo cockerel on cuckoo hens to produce splits.My hope is to get slate legs on double barred males.The hens and single barred males do not seem to be a problem.I have more slate legs this year and expect percentages to go up from here.

Back
Top Bottom