Lavender cuckoo easter egger

I was browsing around and looked at the cream legbar thread.Take a look at them.Seems to be barring and silver.Auto sexing also.Blue eggs and single comb breed.

I was browsing around and looked at the cream legbar thread.Take a look at them.Seems to be barring and silver.Auto sexing also.Blue eggs and single comb breed.

I wish I had a few to work with. Would help with egg color as well.

I am hoping to have a lav silver duckwing girl out of this last batch of chicks. I love the way lav dilutes red to that buttery color. So far, all of my lav silvers have been males.

I had to put the cuckoo roo in time out for now so the girls can grow some feathers back, so no more hatching for a while. Just watching them grow!
big_smile.png

Well it would be autosexing.Seems to be the silver counterpart of creole.What I found interesting is the single comb on these and the isbar.We always were told that blue eggs were linked with pea comb.Yet most of us have seen single comb egg layers in crosses or easter eggers.I always felt that while the blue egg and pea comb genes fit well together it was not exclusive.I was often tempted to breed a line of blue egg layers with single comb to prove the point.I never did.I felt it would just be a negative feedback.I wonder if creole autosexes.Interesting genetics.If you cross them I would like to see the results.

one of the roos I hatched out of your birds came out with a creole feather pattern. I didn't keep it because I didn't want to confuse my gene pool too much. I think I'll work on getting the cuckoo lavender down first, then maybe play some with crossing with the Cream Legbars. The legbars are crested as well, so that would be a whole other genetic issue I'd have to learn and I don't think my brain can process that much!

See post 47 for more pictures of this guy

Last edited:
I had 1 hen with that color.I kept a cockerel like that.Leg color is the reason.That color came from crossing some araucana.The original rooster I used was carrying erminett [pied] also.I have 3 lines with barring now.Hope to produce more with slate legs.I will include some pics.

Just reading the last few pages of this thread and I see lots of talk about the leg color. Just thought I'd point out that thanks to the barring, you will never be able to achieve the true slate legs with a barred bird. The white crested cuckoo polish was admitted to the standard with a clause on the leg color, they knew it was near impossible so they just have it as being white legs with as much blue tint as possible or something along those lines, I will have to double check the standard on the wording.
The projects are looking good everyone! I have cream legbars and they are not silver, they are cream light brown with the cream being a recessive. I crossed mine with normal leghorns to improve egg production and all offspring came out light brown (as expected) but if you were to add lavender to them, the hens would be like a lavender crele and I'd imagine if the creme works like I imagine, the roosters would have more of a silver lavender crele type color. Introducing them into the lav cuckoo project would bring in larger/possibly floppy combs, and also yellow legs again. But they do have great color, I just think it would set a project like this back further than needed.

Sorry about my long ranting ramble...

sorry, I've referred to "silver" more as a feather pattern than as a color, my bad. I agree, a Cream legbar cross would be a completely new project. I'm still figuring out the Crested Cream legbar stuff, so I wouldn't even want to go down that road now, but If I did, I would imagine I'd rather work on a lavender crested cream legbar rather than a creole pattern ameraucana
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom