Lavender Marans

Is this a black, and a black split.?

Last edited:
Hi all! I'm looking to start a project up here in WA state and not looking to start from eggs. I'm wondering if anyone would sell a lavender roo or hen or even a black split roo/ lavender hen combo or something of that sort. I'm also wondering if anyone's started using the lavenders yet to create the other dilute colors such as Isabel. TYI!!!!

And Charm I'm still interested in eggs a bit later this spring when my bator isn't full of emu
1f602.png

Hi all! I'm looking to start a project up here in WA state and not looking to start from eggs. I'm wondering if anyone would sell a lavender roo or hen or even a black split roo/ lavender hen combo or something of that sort. I'm also wondering if anyone's started using the lavenders yet to create the other dilute colors such as Isabel. TYI!!!!

Isabelle would require Salmon Marans... they are pretty rare. I am working on Lavender Copper Marans. I just love how the lavender dilutes reds.... very pretty to me.

Dmrippy, I'm pretty sure that's along the lines of what I was thinking when I said Isabel, in some pictures to me it looks like a dilute copper marans, but I'm sure the genetics are more complicated like you said salmon based etc. I'm so interested! So does it take on more of a pastel red look or blond like a birchen?

Dmrippy, I'm pretty sure that's along the lines of what I was thinking when I said Isabel, in some pictures to me it looks like a dilute copper marans, but I'm sure the genetics are more complicated like you said salmon based etc. I'm so interested! So does it take on more of a pastel red look or blond like a birchen?
Depends on the red that is being used. A mahogany copper marans would look like a kind of rusty color with lavender. If you use a more light gold the color will be more buttery.

You can look up Isabelle leghorns and the color on the cocks is similar to what it would like on a lavender copper marans.

Back
Top Bottom