Lavender Marans

Ok that's about what I was thinking... So is an Isabel leghorn not technically an Isabel? My end goal to my project is something like this, called Isabel cuckoo by orp breeders. I suppose it would be golden cuckoo over lavender?

Ok that's about what I was thinking... So is an Isabel leghorn not technically an Isabel? My end goal to my project is something like this, called Isabel cuckoo by orp breeders. I suppose it would be golden cuckoo over lavender?
Those are orpingtons not leghorns. I don't think those are TECHNICALLY isabelle either. The leghorns are they are based on brown leghorns.

After all this time of working on this Lavender color, my eggs are looking great, chickens are correct, It's been a long time coming. I will be offering pure LAVENDER hatching eggs this year, NO SPLIT... Yea !..:celebrate

Charm1704

I'm looking for the lavender with yellow hackle. Great egg color by the way.

Lavender Copper Marans will have similar color to what you are looking for. Lavender dilutes gold/reds down to a buttery color. Mine are Lavender Copper Marans and once I get the copper to express better I will have some available.

After all this time of working on this Lavender color, my eggs are looking great, chickens are correct, It's been a long time coming. I will be offering pure LAVENDER hatching eggs this year, NO SPLIT... Yea !..:celebrate

Charm1704

Any pics of your breeders?

Back
Top Bottom