Lavender Marans

Seen this bird yesterday. He looks nice!
thought i would post a pic of my breeding Lav Marans Rooster... he is a F2 50% black Marans and 50% Lav Orp... he is a little yellow but i believe this is from the sun as this only showed up after i put him out side at about 5 months old... but I'm not 100% sure of that lol i guess time will tell... he does have feathers on his feet tho it is mostly stubs and hard to see in this pic...

HERE IS A PICTURE OF THE FIRST TWO F1 CHICKS TO HATCH....MORE ON THE WAY ANY DAY......I WILL NOT HAVE TO WORK ON FEATHERING ON THE SHANKS AND FEET...ONE LESS WORRY ON THIS PROJECT....STARTING OUT WITH THE BEST QUALITY MARANS HENS HELPS....THEY TAKE AFTER THEIR MOTHERS ON THAT......
lau.gif
gig.gif
....NOW FOR THE LAVENDER ON THE F2'S..........~CHARM 1704

Here are the pictures of my Black/ split to Lavender Marans....25% of their chicks will be lavender.....I will be breeding sibling crosses....I have about 20 pullets and 2 or 3 roos..

PULLET

ROO

As you can see...I do not have to work on the feathering on the legs and feet...they are perfect.....I can't wait for them to start laying...~Charm1704

they look good so far... any BC in there background??? most of the Lav's today have BC in them...
Here are the pictures of my Black/ split to Lavender Marans....25% of their chicks will be lavender.....I will be breeding sibling crosses....I have about 20 pullets and 2 or 3 roos..

PULLET

ROO

As you can see...I do not have to work on the feathering on the legs and feet...they are perfect.....I can't wait for them to start laying...~Charm1704

By B C if you mean Black Copper....Yes, The hens I used are from my Wade Jeane C1 pen....They are my darkest egg layers and have very little to no coloring on their hackles, only one chick has developed color on her hackles and I have re-homed her. I used Sir Winston on the C1 hens and hatched about 40 + chicks.

SIR WINSTON.......
You can see 2 of the C1 hens behind him in the other pen.....This has been a fun project...let me know how yours is coming along...~Charm1704

i have 3 F3 roosters that are about 5 months old but no hens to go with them yet lol... i have my Lav F2 boy in with 2 Pure black hens and have eggs in the incubator now... i had set about a dozen eggs back in Jan from these same birds and just hatched out 3 and they where all roosters lol... i need to get some pic's and post them...
By B C if you mean Black Copper....Yes, The hens I used are from my Wade Jeane C1 pen....They are my darkest egg layers and have very little to no coloring on their hackles, only one chick has developed color on her hackles and I have re-homed her. I used Sir Winston on the C1 hens and hatched about 40 + chicks.

SIR WINSTON.......
You can see 2 of the C1 hens behind him in the other pen.....This has been a fun project...let me know how yours is coming along...~Charm1704

I am wondering what the characteristics of these three crosses would turn out to be.

Black Copper Marans Roo breed with a Lavender Orpington hen
Blue Copper Marans Roo breed with a Lavender Orpington hen
Lavender Orpington Roo breed with a Black Copper Marans hen

I have read the thread. However, you project breed away from the copper coloring as you desired. I completely respect and understand your choice. I understand that it will be diluted to yellow as you stated. How would it progress towards the copper coloring? As I understand you took my third cross suggestion?
Would it be possible to breed the opposite way to get the copper at all? If so, how would one go about getting to that point? Which of the above possible crosses be best suited to achieve the copper coloring over a lavender body?

Back
Top Bottom