Lavender Marans

celebrate.gif
Here is the Black Marans pair I hatched, they are Helen Byers line, they were both hatched from dark chocolate eggs. I have the 4 Lavender Marans pullets in the pen with this pair.
He will be the daddy of the 3rd. cross......I will get more black splits.......but I plan to breed the siblings together for the next Lavenders. .....this project takes time......~Charm

4 lav pullets, they are not quite breeding age, but it won't be long!

I noticed someone mentioned isabel. How who that color happen? With birchins?

I think Isabelles would need a Salmon Marans to make Isabelles. Birchens would not make them. Birchens would show silver if they were lavender..... a nice look to me. I am looking to get the yellow in the hackles and saddles and wings like a copper only yellow.

I think Isabelles would need a Salmon Marans to make Isabelles.  Birchens would not make them.  Birchens would show silver if they were lavender..... a nice look to me.  I am looking to get the yellow in the hackles and saddles and wings like a copper only yellow.

That would look nice!

They have been laying like mad and I have been hatching all the eggs ......starting on the 3rd generation...this sure does take time....but still working on it. ~Charm1704
celebrate.gif

We have been working on this breed for 2 years and are producing some really nice birds. The egg color has been coming along quite nicely but we started with some of Bruce Hambrick's birds and have been crossing them to my best Wade Jeane Black Copper roos/hens. With each successive generation we are getting at least 2 shades darker....not bad! :)

Last edited:
We have been working on this breed for 2 years and are producing some really nice birds. The egg color has been coming along quite nicely but we started with some of Bruce Hambrick's birds and have been crossing them to my best Wade Jeane Black Copper roos/hens. With each successive generation we are getting at least 2 shades darker....not bad! :)
Love these! I can't wait to get some. Do you have pics of their eggs?

These are Lavender Copper Marans...... really I have not seen too many that are not copper. Solid Marans are very hard to find.

This is the look I am going for. Maybe I will get some eggs soon and then I will start making splits with a nice black copper from nice dark eggs. I do have a few solid black and blue Marans that have good egg color I could toss them in there too to see if I get better egg color but I would lose the copper.

These are Lavender Copper Marans...... really I have not seen too many that are not copper. Solid Marans are very hard to find.

This is the look I am going for. Maybe I will get some eggs soon and then I will start making splits with a nice black copper from nice dark eggs. I do have a few solid black and blue Marans that have good egg color I could toss them in there too to see if I get better egg color but I would lose the copper.

I have 1 straight Lavender hen. Her feather quality is ok but her type is fabulous. We have been hatching both straight Lavender and those with the birchen colored hackles. I prefer the two tone myself. :)

Back
Top Bottom