Lavender Orpington project ....

I've posted some of these on the SDWD posting but here are a few of the lavs. Of the five chicks I got from Hinkjc four were pullets. Would to God I was that fortunate in all my dealings.
big_smile.png

23908_100_0097.jpg
23908_100_0096.jpg
23908_100_0074.jpg

23908_100_0081.jpg
23908_100_0112.jpg
23908_100_0075.jpg

Well, it's official. I am out of the lavender orpington project. Sold my last two lavender hens this morning. I have mixed feelings about giving them up. I just have close to 200 chickens right now including chicks. My heart is just not in the lavs anymore. I think this fall would have marked 3 years with them as splits. I remain dedicated to Orpingtons. I continue flocks of American, American/English, and bantam varieties. Those bantams have me though. They own all of my heart strings
love.gif
love.gif
love.gif
They have the sweetist personalities. The best temperments. I cannot say enough about them. I will continue to enjoy the lavenders through your pictures. They are the prettiest birds up against green grass....

Quote:
I have 6th generation going on now and all have the broken feather type. That's why it's a project bird! Putting these back on english blacks, just not the look that I want.

Thanks for responding! I love the look of these and have been having lots of conversations with my husband as to if we want to keep these on for project or not. I had no problem selling the excess roosters and hens with the bad feathering. I made it very clear to everyone that bought them that they are project only but no one seems to care. They just love the coloring and look of them. A few people just wanted pretty lavender roosters for their flock, that's all.

We're down to two hens and one rooster and waiting for a couple chicks to feather out. I'll try to get pics soon. All of our birds are free-ranging and it's just photo-op nightmare to get any decent photos. Thanks to everyone for keeping this thread going.

Back
Top Bottom