Lavender Orpington project ....

Quote:
Coloring looks good, get yourself some nice Black typey Orpingtons to start another generation round. That's the only way to get this project closer to the Standard of Orpington. Takes lots of work and culling out.

Thanks for the info. I already put the word out, to Orp breeders here in Florida, that I'm looking for a NICE black roo.

Quote:
Coloring looks good, get yourself some nice Black typey Orpingtons to start another generation round. That's the only way to get this project closer to the Standard of Orpington. Takes lots of work and culling out.

Thanks for the info. I already put the word out, to Orp breeders here in Florida, that I'm looking for a NICE black roo.

Check with Danny Padgett 15930 West State Road 238 , Lake Butler, FL 32054 386/496-2561. Danny is an APA judge and former APA President. He showed some Black Orps recently.

Quote:

Check with Danny Padgett 15930 West State Road 238 , Lake Butler, FL 32054 386/496-2561. Danny is an APA judge and former APA President. He showed some Black Orps recently.

TY for the info, Jim.
I had a few others, tell me about Danny. I will check with him, and see if he has anything available. He is just over 4 hours, north of me.

These are 2 of my Cha-Chingers, the latest generation. I have only one female, the black one here. She is laying now, so I am hoping to get some great chicks. Soon, I will have my 10.1 pound English Orp pullet penned with this Lavender boy. I am excited about that, too.

31282_2-23-2011_flock_018.jpg

Quote:

TY for the info, Jim.
I had a few others, tell me about Danny. I will check with him, and see if he has anything available. He is just over 4 hours, north of me.

When you go see Danny, take plenty of extra cash! He also has some excellent show quality Muscovy Ducks, Buff Orps etc. Anything he has would be nice!

Quote:
Nice Kathy. I have one of the big black english boys over some large lav. hens. They are just starting to lay so will fill a few bators as soon as things settle down around here! I need to take some pics.

I am planning the same thing, taking my big cockerel that I have been showing and putting him over the lavs. Looks like the year of great improvements for lavenders!
thumbsup.gif

Kathy.......here are the surviving Cha-chingers:
Lav boy
21675_22411_birds_035.jpg

Boy and girl
21675_22411_birds_018.jpg

Split boy with bum leg
21675_22411_birds_048.jpg

Their combs are too "busy" if you will, but the size is better. I have my split boy in the girl pen along with the lav boy. Lav boy needs more confidence with the ladies!
My split......
21675_22411_birds_027.jpg

Comb is better but still not there.

Last edited:
Sarah,
I do like that the later generation is larger, but he is too leggy and the tail angle needs improved. I think crossing him with the English Orps should help that. That's what I am hoping anyway. I don't worry much about combs, gotta work on type first. It's gonna take some time, that's all.

My English Black over some Lavender girls! Not the best pics but what can you do when they have only seen the ground for 5 days total since Dec. 1st. and they are wild to be out and about!

000_1236.jpg

000_1232.jpg

000_1243.jpg

Back
Top Bottom