Lavender Orpington project ....

Quote:
We are on the same schedule! I hatched out 2 more today.... that makes 4!

This batch still has a couple more to go. I'll leave them in til the morning..Then tomorrow night another 15 go in. I'll get pictures when they dry

Quote:
We are on the same schedule! I hatched out 2 more today.... that makes 4!

This batch still has a couple more to go. I'll leave them in til the morning..Then tomorrow night another 15 go in. I'll get pictures when they dry

Mine are done until next hatch. 4 due the 31st, and 9 in for April 11. After that, I will have eggs from the Lav roo with the black English girls. Those I am excited about! I am hoping for size on them. The one black girl is 10.1 pounds.

Quote:
I've hatched 3 out last month and have some set to hatch this coming Monday and Thursday. Right now they have like a chocolate base with dun in their wing feathers and buff feathers on their chests with chocolate lacing. Slate legs and skin.

g003.jpg

g002.jpg

g001-1.jpg

C26.jpg

C031.jpg

C016.jpg

Hi all: I'm kinda newbie but want to ask some opinions/questions. I have some black/Lav Split Orps and some Lav Orps almost 5mos old (hatch Nov. 1) trying to figure out which roosters to keep and opinions on type, size, etc.
Opinions appreciated ~ Thanks

Lav. Hen
5556883513_35f235890a.jpg

Dark Lav Roo
5556855249_6958ec74a2.jpg

Light Lav Roo
5556833693_b4021ae43d.jpg

Black/Lav Split Roo
5556904555_325c10bc74.jpg

part of the group
5557403450_8302b753d9.jpg

Quote:
I could be wrong, but it appears to me that you have Lavenders from a very early generation. My suggestion would be to choose the largest rooster and cross him with some nice very large black Orps, and keep crossing back until you get size and Orp type. It will take awhile.

well, crud.... which would explain why these chicks were sold I guess. I guess it depends on what I want to do - am I breeding for color or type? right? color and production? or show type?

So the Lavender Roos are not type you'd want to keep right? Does the Black Orp look any better than the Lav Roos?

Back
Top Bottom