Lavender Orpington project ....

Would love to know who has English orps in Washington State. I know of somebody who has 50% English, but not 100% English. Would you mind letting me know what breeder has 100% English orps please? I have a small flock of 100% English BBS orps, and am always looking for more English blood, so if somebody has 100% English, I'd be thrilled !!

Thanks !!

It sounds funny to me calling a breed by its Class, but I think I understand what you're referring to. There are more people with the english type orps than folks realize. These were much easier to import years ago and are still around. They are well hidden gems that take effort to find. I met 2 people, neither of whom use the internet very much or get involved in online chats. They've told me who has their birds in buff, white and black and it is quite interesting hearing their stories of the last 30 or so years and how people treated them after they got their stock, and even tactics used to obtain their stock that is still going on. I think this is why so many do not come out and discuss them. But they're out there.

Of course, this is a lavender thread, so I digress. Any one else have new pics of their lavenders? I know there's lots of them out there. I'd love to see other folks progress.

WA4-Hpoultrymom - Thanks for the PM letting me know about your English birds. I sure wish they had been 100% English, but I"ll keep looking.

Hink - What I am looking for are BBS Orps that are directly from 100% English stock. Other than Bamachicken here, I have yet to meet anybody with BBS Orps that are such. I've been looking for 4+ years now - I'll just continue to keep my eyes and ears open.

Didn't mean to hijack this thread. As I don't have Lavender Orps - I'll move along.

Thanks again.

Last edited:
Quote:
Jody,
Do you still have the Lavenders that are in the pictures on post # 20? I think those are the prettiest Lavenders!
love.gif
I would love to see more of your pictures!

FINALLY!! Here are a couple of pictures of my lastest group. They were a week old Fri/Sat. They were not very photogenic the day I decided to takes pic.
tongue.png
There are at least four in this group that I really like, two lavs and two blacks. There are a couple of black bantams in the mix too!
smile.png

49849_dsc03678.jpg

49849_dsc03676.jpg

On another note: I am getting ready to take my lavs to the next level with some of Bama's beautiful blacks, hope to have my first splits from that group later this fall!
big_smile.png

My lav pullet started laying 40 days ago.
She has laid 30 eggs so far in that 40 days and she has laid everyday for the last 14 days.
Lordy, she is an egg machine!

kathy - yup, I definitely need to get some new pics of my birds. With work, school, family and the farm, there is not enough time in a day it seems. Plus we're trying to get ready for winter and sugaring season which is right around the corner.

HenThymes, those are gorgeous little peeps.
love.gif
Can't wait to see how they turn out. That is the hard part, waiting for them to grow up.

mediazeal - wow, that is terrific laying. Mine have always been great layers too.

Braclin - I'm sorry you have an orphan peep. Is she a straight black or split black/lav? Are you planning to get her some friends?

Thanks Hinkjc.
smile.png
Here is a picture of my little serama hen that decided she wanted to be a mama. She was not with any roosters so I set 5 Lavs/Splits under her, well they are hatching today, one little lav so far. She is looking to be an awesome mom and very careful. Can't wait to see what this group looks like!
jumpy.gif
Will take pics of the little family just as soon as they are all out.
fl.gif

49849_dsc03654.jpg

Back
Top Bottom