Lavender Orpington project ....

Quote:
I don't remember quite off hand but I think it's 25% will be visual Lavender, some split blacks that will carry the lavender gene and some will be plain black chicks. Just depends on how many eggs you can set as to what % you will be getting. I tried to seach but everything is gone now and I have lost my Lavender gene info!! Just keep hatching your Lav to the split black hen to obtain as many eggs as you need. I just have a small flock of 12 hens after all this time, it's really all I have room for and I have 6 on a Black english orp and the rest with the Lavender roo.

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy :

Quote:
They're
love.gif

*I don't need Lavender Orpingtons ... I DON'T NEED LAVENDER ORPINGTONS .... .... .... i need lavender orpingtons
roll.png

Ditto, and chanting with you. LOL​

Lav Roo X Split Lav/Black Hen = approx 50% lavender and 50% split lav/black

Those mottled are really cool. Nice to see them. You can continue to work on mottled aside from the pure lavender project if you have the space. But I agree with Tuffoldhen, if you just want to get to pure lavender, you don't want to cross them back in at all.

well I guess I'm in. I picked up my first Lavender and Split Orps on Saturday. They are just a week old. I'll get some pictures soon... 9 Black Splits & 3 Lavenders...

oh the fun I will have
smile.png

Nice pics Fluffy, I cant wait to get some pure lavs from my eggs, guess I'll just have to keep on hatching! Thanks HC for the info, and yes the mottled are cool and I really do like the coloring, I know I dont need another pen of chickens but, with a little perserverence, I think hubby will build me another coop
wink.png

Quote:
The Lavenders are still a project bird and have qualities that need to be improved upon. The tail is part of the improvement process.

Quote:
The Lavenders are still a project bird and have qualities that need to be improved upon. The tail is part of the improvement process.

Yes, it's a project bird with lots of twists and turns!!!!
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom