Lavender Orpington project ....

Quote:
First off, you caught me off guard. You have repeatedly told me, you have fed and watered chickens for longer then I have lived. To be honest if you are wanting a genetics lesson, I don't feel qualitfied. But I am sure there are those here who are well qualified to answer your question. But I do enjoy all the attention you and your friends bring with these posts. My photobucket always seems to be a 100 views or higher when I get this duelly deserved attention. lololol
I must be doing something right, cause there are plenty of mutts on this site, it just little ole me who you dare to post about. Like how I was ruining my entire flock of 90 plus purebred Orps by having one mixed breed bird on my property.

First, I never said that one mixed bird on your property was ruining your flock....I believe if I recall I said your breeding of other breeds willy nilly into some of your orps was likely to ruin the nice birds you got from other breeders.

It remains to be seen if you're doing anything right with your birds.

What to be seen I am not worried about. These birds look good to me, the ones I use in my purebred breeding program. Everyone has to cull. I do not have too many to cull for the numbers I have and keep. I have more culls in my purebred Ameraucana program then all of my Orps mixed or pure. The fun about what I have, is I do have some neat mixes. Birchen Black and Blue pullets, a Mottled hen and pullet, even got a Blue bantam pullet, who I will keep for the eventual day I get a Choc banty to breed up to LF. I am not the one with an issue about my birds.

Yaaaa..
woot.gif
Just got our very first Black "E based" mottled orp pullet egg today..more to come..

Last edited:
Thanks gals, get to building Sandy, lol, we are selves are looking into another 24ft to 28ft 4 room breeding coop,, anyways these mottled Orps should be big.. they also got a Lil English blood in them and should balance them out well. been keeping them under cover...
jumpy.gif

Last edited:
Ok, here are a few pics, of my new trio. These are Green Fire Farm babies. They are 4 months old. Please excuse my BBS Cochins, in the back ground.
idunno.gif

I'm looking for feedback. Give me the good, with the bad.....as these will be the start, of my Lav Project.

74850_004.jpg

74850_007.jpg

74850_001.jpg

74850_lavorp.jpg

74850_003.jpg

Last edited:
Would anyone here with lavender, black or blue Orps ship to Seattle around April? I will be heading into the states to visit extended family around then and want to look into bringing some eggs back with me
smile.png

Quote:
Cute little ones!! How in the world can you tell sex that soon? I have little ones and I just keep looking at them thinking it will become obvious but it hasn't!

Quote:
Coloring looks good, get yourself some nice Black typey Orpingtons to start another generation round. That's the only way to get this project closer to the Standard of Orpington. Takes lots of work and culling out.

Back
Top Bottom