Lavender Orpington Thread

They're cute!  Sometimes breeders throw in extras in case some eggs crack during shipping.  Strange it's not the same breed.  Perhaps you could name it Extra, Bonus, Mistake, Error, etc.  You'll probably have as much fun with that one as all the rest.  Congrats!

Thanks we named it PECKER as it spent the first day running around and pecking the feet of every chick for hours. They were all crying and squealing. Finally he went into solitary for most of the day and when it put it back in the brooder i gave them crumbled egg yolk and olenty if food and he seems to have cut down in his foot obsession a little bit!

Here are all the chicks, about 12 are lav orps

I have too many Roos (8 for 30 hens) and as much as I hate to do it, I need to sell one of my Lavender Orp Roos. Both sweet, 7 months old, and quite similar looking.
Which one would you pick? The one with the taller tail feathers or lower tail feathers?

Hi all do any of u guys have some english lavender orpington hatching eggs for sale? I live in maricopa arizona would like to hatch them for the easter hatch along. I would have had my own if my dog didnt break into my coop and killed my whole flock :hit :mad: i dont have him anymore!! Please let me know price

Last edited:
They're cute!  Sometimes breeders throw in extras in case some eggs crack during shipping.  Strange it's not the same breed.  Perhaps you could name it Extra, Bonus, Mistake, Error, etc.  You'll probably have as much fun with that one as all the rest.  Congrats!

Sometimes the yellows will molt out lavender. Ive heard that before

I have some for sale. mine are from the Hink JC line. Although I did have a black orp roo in with my flock recently in an effort to breed color back into my flock, so there is a possibility youd hatch a few black orps out too. I'm in Ohio, so not sure if you want to ship that far, but if so, let me know.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom