Lavender Orpington Thread

Here is my Lavender Orp his name is Vincent. Sorry about the chicken wire he is in a chicken coop/tractor.

Good luck for a great hatch.

Here are some pics from this week's hatch to help you make it through those long 3 weeks.

The chicks have imprinted on my daughter, so they jump all over her & follow wherever she goes. (Quite a sight, since we have about 20 peeping balls of fluff right now.)

Nice!! Great pic of your daughter too!

Weekly pics of them would be beneficial therapy for me ;)

I set 12 last night, along with 14 bantam eggs. I have 6 pre-sold. :fl

So pretty MsKay! That one is sporting quite a comb already!
big_smile.png

I think the recent cold snap we've been having took a toll on mine's fertility. Out of the 12 that I set 3 weeks ago, only 2 were fertile!
th.gif

But they both hatched beautifully!
Then on day 10 of that set, I added 6 more, and 3 were fertile, so a little improvement.
Now I have added 8 more, so we will see. I cracked open a few eggs, and they were all fertile, so let's hope they have turned around!

So pretty MsKay! That one is sporting quite a comb already!
big_smile.png

I think the recent cold snap we've been having took a toll on mine's fertility. Out of the 12 that I set 3 weeks ago, only 2 were fertile!
th.gif

But they both hatched beautifully!
Then on day 10 of that set, I added 6 more, and 3 were fertile, so a little improvement.
Now I have added 8 more, so we will see. I cracked open a few eggs, and they were all fertile, so let's hope they have turned around!
Thank you...yes I had a dry spell over the winter but the last two hatches have been wonderful! I've got chicks everywhere. :)

Hi everyone! I'm new to the forum and to LO's. I was so excited to find a breeder at a swap I went to 4 weeks ago. I picked up this little one and have been trying to figure out if it's a pullet or a roo. You guys seem like the experts, so I figured I would ask your opinions. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom